W111 Without Engine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I do like those W111s, stunning looking cars. That back window is just crazy.

Might be quite a bit of work seeing how much effort it was with the W114 Charles Morgan restored. Speaking of which haven’t seen any updates for a while.

Last time I bumped into Charles he was fairly busy and car stuff was taking a back seat.

I'd love a project like this, wack a modern-ish engine in one, eg 55k
Or put the engine and brakes in from a W213, maybe something as crazy as installing a hybrid system even

I do love that car though, just look at the rear screen; I can certainly see more than a little bit of W215 there...

I was thinking the same thing about Charles Morgan,I only met Charles once but what a very nice man to talk too,he was of course a good friend of Bruce Miller and it was through him I met Charles,he and Bruce had worked to get Brices Green Monster into great condition and I know Charles was so pleased that Bruce won that cup as was I,but Charles has been missing from the forum,and he is a expert on those old Mercedes having done restortaions,I hope he is well and is just busy with other things.

I must apologise for the spelling as I have been on the drink all afternoon just what are you supposed to do with this virus running around.

I would suggest the only engine to put in that car to realise its value is the one that Mercedes put in it. The M116 3.5 V8 -- the seller claims to have one for an additional £2,500 SADLY most Mercedes of that vintage should come with a large orifice labelled "Tip large buckets of high denominal bank notes in here" This may prove fruitless as in all likelihood they will merely fall thro the non existent floor or bulkhead! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom