w112 300 se convertible

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i am not sure asking price is realistic IMHO

i am not sure asking price is realistic IMHO

Well, I'm unsure too. I have it on good authority (met a the owner on the Ferry) that 3.5's were changing hands from £60-100k and he reckoned he'd get 80 for his no problem. Now, it was a beauty, actually so nice I declined to even sit in it.

Well, I'm unsure too. I have it on good authority (met a the owner on the Ferry) that 3.5's were changing hands from £60-100k and he reckoned he'd get 80 for his no problem. Now, it was a beauty, actually so nice I declined to even sit in it.

r u saying 280 se 3.5 convertible can be got out (original not chopped up) for that sort of money dollars or stg

pls advise as i am definitely interested i missed 32k one which needed little work from a dealer 4 years when the £ was almost dollars so it was going to be sub £20k all in and i have been kicking myself ever since:wallbash:

r u saying 280 se 3.5 convertible can be got out (original not chopped up) for that sort of money dollars or stg

pls advise as i am definitely interested i missed 32k one which needed little work from a dealer 4 years when the £ was almost dollars so it was going to be sub £20k all in and i have been kicking myself ever since:wallbash:

Yes, his was an original convertible 280SE 3.5. £80k was the owners valuation.
Wow, only £20k, that would have been a bargain alright.

Yes, his was an original convertible 280SE 3.5. £80k was the owners valuation.
Wow, only £20k, that would have been a bargain alright.

it was in new york.

i saw one on ebay rhd 6 years ago with private plate went for under 30k

D class had one in having a re trim when i picked my seats up the other day. They are lovely cars no mistake.
Quite spacious ... Would have one in my dream garage. Dream is probably as close as I will get.

I do keep an eye on the US market and have no doubt the could be bought cheaper there. If anyone wants me to look at one out there for them happy to do so ;)

Would have one in my dream garage.

Yes, I think I would too. But funny enough I really like the coupe a bit more and the saloon is a lovely machine also.

We'll dream together - power of the mind and all that. You dream of three numbers & I'll do the same for the other three! :bannana:

in case anybody interested i just located a basket case 250 se convertible, i am unsure if it is of the chopped variety or original. need complete floorpan and doubtless other welding work, engine been told runs and dirves, the soft top frame exist and cand need covering i expect work need doing to interior.

also another which is a coupe, unsure on condition, they are looking for 10k for the convertible, if anybody interested i am going to travel and see it

in case anybody interested i just located a basket case 250 se convertible, i am unsure if it is of the chopped variety or original. need complete floorpan and doubtless other welding work, engine been told runs and dirves, the soft top frame exist and cand need covering i expect work need doing to interior.

also another which is a coupe, unsure on condition, they are looking for 10k for the convertible, if anybody interested i am going to travel and see it

Depending on how bad it is I may be interested!

Depending on how bad it is I may be interested!

the 300 se coupe is ok, need air bags for suspension and respray 6k is the asking price and is sitting in primer

the chopped 250 se is in plant pot state no interior need whole floor done, but front and back wings inner and outter and doors and windows r fine, may require windscreen, been told engine run when brought to the yards 10 years ago, comes with convertible metal frame for the hood, one is for sale on ebay right now for 3k, they are asking 3k for car and frame.

A friend who does bodywork for guys from this forum in wembley said he can do the work on it at a reasonable price (this does not include interior or the soft top)

also 4 door 300 sel with 2.8 litre engine as in pagoda in very good condition 6k runs n drives

or this one in copart.com
Copart

Last edited:
if u r interested in the above cars i had the pics sent i can forward on text me your email address 7940 280028

I would be scard to damage this. :eek:
that it is not the problem, the problem is where to store securely if u do not have a mansion!!! to go with car:doh:

if anybody want pictures or no to go n view PM me, i do not know how to post the pics

sorry

If you buy cars for 100k dont think buying a mansion would be a problem :) Maybe even comes part of the deal

£15k 3 years ago - I drove it and walked away cos of a rusty wing - damn !

£15k 3 years ago - I drove it and walked away cos of a rusty wing - damn !

Share your pain - I was offered one of the back up bronze Lotus Esprit Turbos (might have been the only back up?) from 'For Your Eyes Only' for £8k in 1996. It had low miles and was stunning.

Just bought my first house and couldnt afford it. Not sure what its worth now but I did see a low miles turbo prototype for sale in Australia a couple of years ago for about £90k (dreamer price perhaps!)

I think the Bond cars would have been prototype/pre production due to the year of filming... its certainly worth more than £8k now

I guess its guessing what might grow in value in the future? R129 I hope but not holding my breath!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom