W114 280C Exhaust Replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V8AJ

Car
E46 M3 and W114 280CE
Hello
I have recently purchased a W114 280 freshly imported from Arizona and unfortunately it is in dire need of a complete new exhaust system.

Where my problem starts is that it, bizarrely, instead of having 2 manifolds covering 3 cylinders each, 2 downpipes to the centre box and 2 pipes from the centre to the back box as per the European spec 280. My car features one manifold covering all 6 cylinders with a sort of crude egr type arrangement feeding some of the exhaust gasses back to the air box with only a single pipe in place of the twin pipes normally used on the 280.

Does anyone know enough about this system to advise which system to purchase to replace the existing one?. I believe that the European exhaust system for the 230 is 42mm, where as my system uses 48mm pipes front to back. My suspicion is that it uses the system normally used on the European diesels, can anyone confirm whether the diesel uses 48mm diameter pipes?

I've taken a few photos incase it they cna help anyone understand the strange system.

Any help is much appreciated!.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom