w114 280CE body panels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Canned Benz

Car
1975 280CE (w114)
Hi all. I'm looking for both front wings, both rear lower wings and a rear vallance. Found a couple of websites that list these panels for the saloon but don't know if they're used for both. I'm guessing that at least the lower rear wings are different. Any body know where I can get these body panels for the coupe or if they can be used for both body styles?

The car is a 1975 280CE w114.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Looking as well for panels.

Hadrian seem to be the source for pattern panels, pricing here:
Replacement body panels and lighting - MERCEDES - W114 - LPP Customs

These are W114 saloon parts, so if it is just the arches gone, then you would neet to cut this out of a saloon arch panel and patch into the existing.

Niemoeller appear also to have an arch panel (maybe on enquiry)

Side Panels Mercedes 280CE Model w114.072 - Oldtimer spare parts

Would be interested in any comments on the Hadrian panel fit, as my pre-facelift has a new o/s wing fitted, but the fit to the door has a gap problem.

Cheers I'll send hadrian an email inquiring about coupe panels, maybe they'll be able to source them even though they don't list them.

I'm having a full respray done by a body shop when I've sourced the replacement metal so hopefully they'll have the expertise to deal with dodgy panel gaps.

If only the genuine ones from mb weren't £460 per front wing. Didn't bother inquiring about the other panels after they told me that.

Just picked up a new MB offside front wing for £150. It was bought from MB for over £500 on special order, and then the restorer found they didn't need it!

Is W115 post facelift with the under front bumper black plastic panels?

SLS are excellent by the way... most of the parts ive needed for the pagoda have come from there.

Just picked up a new MB offside front wing for £150. It was bought from MB for over £500 on special order, and then the restorer found they didn't need it!

Is W115 post facelift with the under front bumper black plastic panels?

W115 are the four cylinder models and W114 are the six cylinders - both series were made both pre and post facelift .

Variously known as /8 ( because they were introduced in 1968 ) , 'New generation' ( because they replaced the smaller Fintails ) or by their series numbers , the range started out with the 200 and 220 models which were four cylinders , with the 250 being a six and the 280 carburrettor six cylinder or 280E injected version . There was also a 230.6 limousine with a 2.3 litre six cylinder in a LWB body with an extra row of occasional seats . There were also a couple of Diesel models - the 200D and 240D , both were slow and steadfast , but extremely reliable and became the world's favourite taxis .

Here is a picture of my 1970 W115 220/8 , the car I learned to drive and passed my test in !

126J-10.jpg

126J-9.jpg

126J-3.jpg

Around 1972/3 the range was facelifted with a lower bonnet line , different front valance , improved ventilation and removal of opening quarterlights in the front doors , new door mirrors which could be adjusted from inside the car , revised tail lamps with ribbed lenses which kept themselves cleaner along with some newer engines - notably the 220 was replaced by the 230 and there was a 300D .

There were Coupe versions of both generations 250C being the earlier model and 280E/CE coming later .

Towards the end of production there were some 'run out specials' , my 5 speed manual 280E being a limited edition model produced in 1975 , you can compare with the earlier car above to see some of the styling differences . The 280 was distinguished from the lesser models by the long , wrap-around rear bumper , amongst other details .

690-8.jpg

690-7-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advise. Never expected such a great response. I emailed all the companies above. Only Hadrian's has replied so far, saying that they're out of stock and to check back in a few weeks. The tin worm is mostly around the headlamps, all four wheel arches and the rear valance. The rest is only surface rust here and there. Does anybody know how compatible the saloon panels are with the coupe? They seem to be more readily available.

Be interested in how you get on, as I am about to do nearly the same. Will replace both front wings, and they certainly look the same as the saloon. Don't need a rear valence and my arches may be salvageable. Certainly the side panel is different, but I don't know if a saloon repair will fit if you just need the outer arch shape to let into the existing panel.
The other part that I will need with be the door seals that I also guess are different from the saloon.

Rebuilding the front suspension with new bushes etc, and repainting the parts at present.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom