W114 coupe on a w208 chas sis - is it possible?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26392

I'm scared to post this incase I get shot down!

The question is: is it possible to take the body from a W114 coupe and sit it on a w208 chassis?

I miss the looks of my 1972 250ce. I love my 430clk and whilst mechanically and chassis wise it's excellent - the clk bodywork is truly terrible.

So, whilst I'm building my 1972 bettle and learning loads of new skills, I'm thinking I could get a cheapish 250ce and use that body to graft onto my 430clk. I would try and keep all the running gear and electrics of the clk and simply have the body of the 250ce...

I know there will be loads of haters out there thinking it's crazy - but who out there thinks it's possible?!

Scott

Anything is possible given a big enough hammer and a stack of cash.

A more likely scenario would be CLK430 engine, gearbox into the 250CE and us a custom ECU. Custom ECU's have the ability to run anything from a lawnmower to an F1 car.

Thanks moonloops. Yes, I was thinking an engine transplant would be the other way to go but figured I would then also need to upgrade the chassis, breaks of the ce to cope.

As I'm not a purist (and often like the rat look and chopped roofs of cars) i was thinking just hack off the clk body and overlay the ce body leaving everything down below as is...

Could be an interesting project...

Surely the 208 doesn't have a separate chassis? And would the body of the 114 be rigid enough the mount the 208 subframes to?

As said, anything is possible and the more 'out there' the fun to do :)

Surely the 208 doesn't have a separate chassis? And would the body of the 114 be rigid enough the mount the 208 subframes to?

As said, anything is possible and the more 'out there' the fun to do :)

I'm naive, I was thinking I would strip the 208 bear, add strengthening in via a fabiricated spaceframe which the 114 body could be adapted to fit...

I will keep dreaming about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom