W115 220, Mint - should I buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

isobars

Car
300SD'79, E300TD '95, 300TDT '82, 280CE '84, 250L '84, 300SEL LPG '91, 300D '80, 300CE '91, 300E '89
I've just come across an almost pristine example of what I think is not exactly an attractive car. Low miles, 158 white/gray, RHD.

However, I've never had one and I do like old fashioned simplicity.

If I buy it in the hope that it grows on me and it does, fine, but if I start to look upon it as the runt of the litter what'd it make in the UK?

Anyone on here got one of these?

Cheers,

Paul

I like them for what it's worth. How much is it if you don't mind me asking?

Must say I'm warming to the boxy look, and especially that grey/white, and around 100hp ought to be enough as I get older!

It should come for around 3k.

It would be odd of me to say I don't like them!

In good condition (check everywhere for rust you can) it should hold its value if you bring it back here.

158 is a lovely colour.

Much appreciated Charles, I think I'll get it, I doubt there's much risk if it's without rust, as you say.

I'd always fancied a coupe and looked at a few, but saw lots of rust around the bulkhead - and that's from a warm country!

I've just come across an almost pristine example of what I think is not exactly an attractive car. Low miles, 158 white/gray, RHD.

However, I've never had one and I do like old fashioned simplicity.

If I buy it in the hope th

at it grows on me and it does, fine, but if I start to look upon it as the runt of the litter what'd it make in the UK?

Anyone on here got one of these?

Cheers,

Paul

I learned to drive and passed my test in my dad's 220/8 , which he then gave me when he moved on to a W123 .

It was a very pleasant car to drive , as it should have been only having around 50K on the clock and about six years old at the time .

Mine was white with red tex interior and had column change gears .

Not sure about the wheels!

5809764758-mercedes-benz-220-.jpg

5841578206-mercedes-benz-220-volante-direito.jpg

Click to enlarge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom