W115 Clutch Master Cylinder NLA?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Screwdriver

Greetings,

I was surprised when the main dealer called me to share that MB no longer supplies the clutch Master cylinder for my W115 240D 4 speed.

Part number supplied by them is #0012958506. When I search for this, I find nothing. However, when I search by model and chassis number, I get 0012958706, I get plenty of aftermarket OE suppliers. In the notes however, they all share that they are for LHD models. My questions are:

1) Can a Master Cylinder be specific to LHD models only?
2) Have I got the wrong part number?
3) What are my options?

Many thanks!

Possibly - if clearance differs side to side. I'd guess different positions for pipe and bleed nip if so.

3) What are my options?

Eye ball both and compare - easier said than done.
Are you sure you need a master cyl? I still haven't seen answers to the test questions, ie, does it or doesn't it hold pressure?

A number of years ago I got a place to bore and sleeve back to original dimensions the wheel cylinders for my Ponton . It was easy enough to get a seal kit .

Greetings,

I was surprised when the main dealer called me to share that MB no longer supplies the clutch Master cylinder for my W115 240D 4 speed.

Part number supplied by them is #0012958506. When I search for this, I find nothing. However, when I search by model and chassis number, I get 0012958706, I get plenty of aftermarket OE suppliers. In the notes however, they all share that they are for LHD models. My questions are:

2) Have I got the wrong part number?
3) What are my options?

Many thanks!
Here you go

Clutch - Spare Parts for Mercedes classic cars W108 W123 R107 dbdepot

Sorry to say, the part number #0012958506 isn't listed on there. The Left hand drive Master Cylinder is readily available but the RHD version isn't.

Bellow, the clutch pedal is depressing all the way down and struggling to return. I've stopped driving the car as a precaution and am replacing all hydraulic components in one go to minimize risk (both hoses, MC, SC and fluid). While the issue may not rest with the Master at this stage, it likely makes sense to replace it now if I can.

Bellow, the clutch pedal is depressing all the way down and struggling to return. I've stopped driving the car as a precaution and am replacing all hydraulic components in one go to minimize risk (both hoses, MC, SC and fluid). While the issue may not rest with the Master at this stage, it likely makes sense to replace it now if I can.

If the clutch isn't self engaging during that then the master cyl isn't leaking. The chances of the master cyl being the cause of the sticking without it pissing out fluid is minimal. The diaphragm spring and any other external return spring is where I'd focus attention - after once and for all determining whether the clutch is self engaging or not. Correct diagnosis is everything.
Why change something if it doesn't need replacing and finding a replacement is proving fruitless? Doing things for the sake of doing makes no sense. Only perform tasks that have worth. Anything else is a waste of life.

Try niemoller mercedes and mbclassic.de
Google it with part number, it may throw up allsorts of suppliers. I did this with Ponton kingpin repair kits.

Niemoller came through with a brand new FTE Cylinder. Nice to know that they stock German OE supplier components when Mercedes itself doesn't!

The clutch pedal continues to fail to return fully but it does return around 50% of its normal position.

Could very well be. Got a part number by any chance?

Try to find a spring manufacturer/trade outfit, take the spring with you as a sample with cash. It could be 10% the price of MB one.
Have done this with fixings and springs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom