W116 Drive shaft boots

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EDZ649

MB Enthusiast
Car
W210 E55 AMG
I need to change all four drive shaft boots on the 450 SEL due to the rubber being badly perished.

I have enquired at MB and they have quoted me about £200 for all four inc. VAT. They come as a complete kit i.e. with the joints as well.

However, I have seen boot kits for sale on ebay.de and RockAuto in the states which only come as a rubber boot kit. I don't actually need the joints as mine are fine.

I'm toying with the idea of using a universal split boot to avoid having to remove the driveshafts completely as I understand its quite a major job.

Has anyone replaced theirs and if so what kit did you use and where did you get them from?

I think the W126 and W140 use the same boots

Thanks in advance,

Leigh

The split ones tend to do what they say on the tin - split.

Why not try the stretch type? Reasonably priced, you'll only need one fitting cone to do all four and, in my experience, they seem to last.

Hi Leigh,

I can supply these for you at a very sensible price, they are of course the correct ones for your car and not toytown universal ones, from what I can work out without your VIN, the outer ones are:

outer : oe ref inc joint 1263500237

Non Gen kit either Meyle or Febi Bilstein without joint:£18.60 each inc grease

inner : oe ref inc joint 1263500137

Non Gen kit inc grease but no joint £7.50 each

£48.20 for all, plus a bit of postage.

Thanks.

Hi Leigh,

I can supply these for you at a very sensible price, they are of course the correct ones for your car and not toytown universal ones, from what I can work out without your VIN, the outer ones are:

outer : oe ref inc joint 1263500237

Non Gen kit either Meyle or Febi Bilstein without joint:£18.60 each inc grease

inner : oe ref inc joint 1263500137

Non Gen kit inc grease but no joint £7.50 each

£48.20 for all, plus a bit of postage.

Thanks.

You have a PM :)

Thanks to Brendan, (aka franey) I now have four excellent quality boot kits (without the joints) ready to install.

If anyone else needs some parts I can thoroughly recommend him and his company, Wunderpartz Ltd, great price and great service:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom