w116 Milan brown anyone know the car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
merc85 said:
This vehicle/model in the same colour is what got myself and my dad into Merc's many years ago. Does anyone know this car or seen it? im wondering about a project just wondering how far gone this one is. Mercedes 1980 280se W116 project in Bronze Metallic | eBay

I too looked at it contemplating it. Decided against it as the interior is a bugger to source unless you retrim in leather and I hate going away from originality on cars like this, I would say some welding is certainly in need and sounds like it's gone around the rear window which is a job and a half too. So I'd say it's doable but will take time and money! Also he's had it online for ages, I'd value it at £1000! Having bought a lot of cars around this vintage recently I'd certainly call it at £1000 maximum.

The dattel velour is listed as available from KHM. Ditto carpets

Car is a lovely colour, but I know nothing of it. Respray requirement plus interior and before you know it you will be close to restored value without having begun on any other bit.

Charles Morgan said:
The dattel velour is listed as available from KHM. Ditto carpets Car is a lovely colour, but I know nothing of it. Respray requirement plus interior and before you know it you will be close to restored value without having begun on any other bit.

That is extremely useful link! Thank you Charles. I didn't realise you could get the velour! Costly but worth every penny!

Agreed though the restoration costs just don't stack up unless... You really want it and will never sell it?

I found it when looking for the seat coverings for my W114 coupe. I was toying with red velour but it would have been too brothel for the car...

Love Milan Brown......looks great on SL's of the era.

There's a guy locally who has a restored 116 in Milan brown - he's had all the window trim anodised in a very dark brown colour and it's spectacular. It's such a rich colour on a car, adds mass and depth and a real off-beam substance. Love it.

MOT expiry in FEB 2016 might sound alarm bells together with "filler in the cills and doors".
Sound chassis/ bodywork is of primary concern to make sure you are not buying a money pit!
Worth a close inspection. With restoration projects known repair costs can be accounted for its the hidden ones that can catch you out big time.

That is extremely useful link! Thank you Charles. I didn't realise you could get the velour! Costly but worth every penny!

Isn't the real question WHAT was Freddy Krueger doing inside a W116?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom