W123 230ce differential pinion seal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hillclimbmanic

Car
C123 230ce
I'm at a complete loss as to where I can get a pinion seal for the diff, for my W123 230ce Coupe.
Nobody seems to list it, or knows the part number. Anyone on here have any ideas?

Cheers,
Manic

If you have it apart, measure the ID of where the seal seats and the OD of the shaft it bears on and reference it to bearing and seal catalogues. If it's a standard size (and probably is) any bearing factor will supply one.

If you have it apart, measure the ID of where the seal seats and the OD of the shaft it bears on and reference it to bearing and seal catalogues. If it's a standard size (and probably is) any bearing factor will supply one.
Thanks Bellow...it's still under the car; I'm just planning the back end rebuild

Unless someone chimes in saying otherwise, I'll wager the seal is a standard off-the-shelf size so it should be safe enough to remove yours to get the size (and/or part number - if it survives removal).
Once you have the dimensions - even if non standard size - tracking one down on the 'net should be possible. It was more the Japanese who used irregularly sized bearings and seals - to force the user to buy from the dealer it was suggested.

That's an interesting aluminium car, Bellow??

Lotus Mk6. Not mine - merely a photograph from the net.
A very very simple car - simpler even than the Seven it spawned. I came across an article as to why Chapman might have changed the front suspension from swing axle to double wishbone from the Mk6 to the Seven. Not an obvious reason or one easily guessed at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom