w123 230E 1983 with interesting spec

Discussion in 'Spotted on eBay!' started by KSD, Jan 28, 2015.

1. KSD

KSD Active Member

Car:
    w123
    Mercedes-Benz W123 230E Saloon - 76k, Blue MB Tex, Silver | eBay

Attractive number, eh? 5 speed, ac and mb tex with manual windows is a desirable spec, IMO.

Advertised on carandclassic for £2500, it's already made more than that here.

Pity about the chrome arches...

2. jaymanek

jaymanek Authorised Forum Sponsor Authorised Forum Sponsor

Car:
    Lots of Mercedes!
    Seems the seller is a little less than honest.. But yet a good car and spec.

3. fatherpierre

fatherpierre Active Member

Car:
    1980 W123 230, 1994 W124 E280 & 2010 Mini Cooper S
    if my mind serves me right, this is a South African car that was sold around November for £1000 on eBay. I was interested in it but the previous seller was very cagey about giving me any info so I left it.

This seller buys them on eBay and they're listed again a day later. He bought a decent 230e in red for £1000 and knocked it out for £1850 a few days later.

4. OP
    OP
    KSD

KSD Active Member

Car:
    w123
    I think they continued to make them in SA after production in Germany was halted. It's damn tricky finding one with ac, which is a shame. That said, I bet it's not working...the traditional line is "requires re-gas" (which is rarely the sole issue).

There was a silver car with bamboo tex, cruise, ac and wind-up windows for sale by a trader in Birmingham for about a year. When I was in a position to purchase he'd flogged it just a week earlier. Apparently a pampered car with whitewall tyres, polished chrome air filter housing etc.