W123 240D 4 Spd Manual - 1 Owner Gem!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
wow, this brings back memories!
My father used to have a white 240D and changed the engine to a 3.0l diesel. He taught me how to drive in one of this cars. Last I heard, the car is still going strong ( back home ).
My father also had an estate one too in the same colour combination as the one for sale but 3.0l turbo diesel. I remember I was very young and me and my friends used to think it was such a fast car :D ...... well it was for it's time:D

Looking at the drive-way I’d have no hesitation buying that car!

Even with a manual box which this car appears to have? progress by today's standards would be "glacial" but if you can live with that seems a nice example.
ps not sure if I could live with the "tanning salon brown" paint job but each to their own.;)
Thanks to the OP for posting this interesting car.:thumb:

Last edited:
Not sure about the W123 (my W123 is a 300D automatic), but I also own a W115 240D 4 speed manual and let me assure you that it is a lot of fun to drive. Seemed counterintuitive to me too when I looked at the 65 horsepower rating. It must be the simplicity of the car or the incredible road feel. I just love driving it here in London! It's also great to know that not much can go wrong with the car!

If I didn't own my cars, I'd pick it up in a heartbeat. Everything down to the floor mats look original!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom