w123 280ce n/s tyre bald on inner edge. WHY?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercx

Car
1982 Mercedes 280CE
Hello,

my 280ce has developed a bald strip on the inner edge of the n/s front tyre, aslo when driving the car pulls the the right and at high speeds, the steering doesnt seem solid, and the slightest movement can cause the car to swerve fairly severely. i suspect it's a bearing of a bush, but i just dont really know.

Also, on a side note, i'm looking at lowering the car and i've bought these Cobra / Lowering Springs / Mercedes-Benz 200 (Typ:W123/C123) SALOON+COUPE 280 + 300D/TD Years: 1976-85 / Euro Performance Car Parts does anyone have experience with these springs? and will I have have to replace dampers also?

I think i need to sort the bush/bearing/swerving problem out before i lower the car.

any help is greatly appreciated.

You need someone to go over the front suspension and track the car up. Might aswell do this at the same time you fit the springs.

It is always worth replacing the steering damper... a shock absorber that takes away the vagueness and only £35 or so from your dealer.

its due to tyre allignment,.. get it ryt or elz it will blast

thanks for all the advise, where would i find the steering damper? and how hard it is to fit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom