W123 280E Advice please 🙏

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aslam

Car
Mercedes Benz W123
Hi đź‘‹

Regarding my W123 280E ,,I have a couple of questions if anyone can help please 🙏

1) regarding the oil pressure gauge , does anyone know where this should be when at idle and where should it be when driving / or accelerating
At the moment in mine at idle it sits just under 2 ,,,and when accelerating it goes right up and stays there .
Is this normal ?

2) Also my fuel gauge does not seem to be working , where should I start when investigating this ?? Any particular fuses ?? Something simple to check first ??

Any help / advice would be great 👍🏼 🙏🙏🙏

Aslam

Nothing to worry about.
Oil pressure gauge when warm should be at at the 1 mark at idle and when warm or higher and pegs out, you good oil pressure

If the fuel gauge is not reading anything, I would check the plug at the sending unit which is on top of the fuel pump. You can usually access it by removing the plastic bin on the parcel shelf where the first aid kit is , or the other one (if there is one... i'm applying w126 logic here).

1591849066091.png

Nothing to worry about.
Oil pressure gauge when warm should be at at the 1 mark at idle and when warm or higher and pegs out, you good oil pressure

If the fuel gauge is not reading anything, I would check the plug at the sending unit which is on top of the fuel pump. You can usually access it by removing the plastic bin on the parcel shelf where the first aid kit is , or the other one (if there is one... i'm applying w126 logic here).

View attachment 97818
Brilliant ,,,,I will check . Many thanks 🙏 for reply . I cut pasted / cleaned it last night . Looks so much better .

Nothing to worry about.

View attachment 97818
Just out of interest what merc do you have ?

Nothing to worry about.

View attachment 97818
I took the sender out , checked the plug it seems to be fine . I think it’s just very low on fuel . I put 12 litres in . I think I will put another £20 worth in then hopefully it will register

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom