w123 37k 200t estate i think 7 seater on ebay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very tidy 7 seater with excellent 'tex interior.

Strange spec - 4 speed manual gearbox, wind up windows and aircon.

Could be me being suspicious, but something in the blurb doesn't ring true, ie the bit about the military. Ok I agree that it could have been sold to somebody in the military, but if it was a military sale it would have been a MPH speedo and the guy wouldn't have then stayed on in Germany for 16 years before coming back to the UK. Most postings to Germany with the Military would have been for 3-5 years.

No mention of service history, just old MOT's since its been back in the UK, which begs the question has it really only done 59,000km's as there is nothing to back up the mileage for the 16 years prior to year 2000

The other thing that I question, I see that its being sold by Historics at Brooklands the Classic Car Auctioners......why are they selling it on e-bay and not via one of their auctions where they often get very high sale values....is it due to the fact that the provenance doesn't stack up rather than wanting a quick sale?

sometimes they use to as advertising medium

Very tidy 7 seater with excellent 'tex interior.

Strange spec - 4 speed manual gearbox, wind up windows and aircon.

Why not the 2.3 fuel injection and, given it's manual, why not 5 speed?

Lack of sunroof but with a/c is clever, in my opinion. Manual windows won't need the servicing of electric: the door cards are not fun to remove.

To be fair the 4 speed box wouldn't bother me much....I had a 280TE with the 4 speed manual box, which is unusual for a 280. Due to the gear spacing it happily sat on the motorway at sensible rev's.

I suppose that back in the day when these were new, everything on a W123 was an extra, and a lot of people ended up spec'ing the cars, in what we now see as being an odd way.

Incidentally my old 280TE was a Military purchase in Germany and always had a MPH speedo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom