W123 Cooling system

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Serusa

Car
1990 W124 230e & 1985 W123 230e
Hello,
My 1985 W123 230e seems to have developed a problem with the cooling system. A week or so ago, I noticed that the fan hadn't kicked in at around 90-95 as per normal. The temperature rose to about 100 and thankfully I was able to park and allow for it to cool. I browsed through previous posts on here related to W123 cooling issues and after shorting the connection (at which point the fan kicked in), seemed to zero in on the temp switch as the likely problem. I have now bought a new switch from Mercedes but it looks like that hasn't solved the problem as the fan still isn't kicking in. Any ideas please??

the main power supply to the relay may be fused? or the sensor that activates the relay maybe faulty -time to test for the presence of some voltages

the main power supply to the relay may be fused? or the sensor that activates the relay maybe faulty -time to test for the presence of some voltages
Thank you very much.... will give that a go. Much appreciated

Thanks again. Checked the fuse (which was fine) and replaced it with a new one just to be sure but that didn't solve the problem. My mechanic checked the voltage and that too is fine...sadly the head scratching continues....

This is for the A/C aux fan but the main fan circuit is likely similar.
93487d1309562253-w123-aux-fan-not-coming-mercedes-benz3.jpg

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help. This is beyond my limited abilities so I will pass this to my mechanic to investigate..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom