W123 coupe - blimey!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I bet you've put the auction 'on watch' - just to see if Billybob does sell his car tho' :)

CCAA.... etc

I for one do not agree with you (providing the car is as described).

You are out of touch with the older car scene.

Just because the older 129s are looking worthless at present, the 123 cars have gone through that time period and the original cars that remain are now well and truly on the upward slope.

Last edited:
Sorry, I should have been clearer.

Point 1, it is expensive for it's specification, there are more desirable cars (to my mind, metallic, sunroof etc) out there with history for similar money.

Point 2, the advert is very brief giving away little to justify the price, yes it has low mileage, but it has rust and no history, and the pictures are poor quality.

As for not being in touch with older cars, I run a 1989 car virtually every day, a 1973 car I have personally restored gets used a couple times a week, I have also a 1973 Volvo P1800es and a 1962 Land rover waiting in the queue to be titivated, so know a thing or two, but you're right, I'm no expert.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say that for a non injection white car it is very expensive..

The guys got no feedback also, the car's probably had a bit of a haircut!!!!

Looking at the pics the seller has not made an effort considering he's trying to sell a car at 3 or 4 times its true value.

No mats, dirty floor, not particularly clean anywhere..

The one nice feature is Burr Walnut - quite rare on a W123 as most have Zebrano .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom