W123 Coupe sacrilege

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Evening folks. A long time since my last post. I've been stuck renovating a very old house which sucks all of my time and money leaving very little of either for my toys. That said I have gone back to the old girl and tinkered a little. New wheels, complete new exhaust and lowering some more, 2inch at the front and about 30mm or so at the rear.

View attachment 101578
View attachment 101579
View attachment 101580
Like that a lot, just shows, modern stuff on an old Mercedes (wheels, lowering etc, does work) looks great! :cool: :)👍

Thank you Sir and yes, I concur. Just got to save up for the body repairs and respray now. I'll update in another year :p

Hi SeasidePete

Can you let me know where you got the lowering kit from, keen to do this to my C123. Your's looks great, just updating bushes etc, and thought why not lower it, and your latest one makes it look perfect, just the look I want.

Will keep stock stuff in the garage in case I ever sell (which I doubt).

Cheers

Hi Hairy! Thanks for the comments, be good to see yours.

I took the path of least resistance for lowering. New shocks and H&R springs took it down 50mm, waited a few days for weight to settle (in my case I waited a good year while faffing with other projects :p) and then it was grinding time.

At this point eye brows may raise!

I took 2 and a half coils off the back and 1 off the front.

Despite loads of advice not to do it I thought I'd give it a go and to be honest, I'm very happy. No noticeable change in body roll, bounce, cornering or straight line driving. All I seemed to have achieved is exactly what I wanted, a little drop to get a new stance.

It looks great @SeasidePete, must admit. Couple of questions: did you take the 2.5 coils off the stock springs of the 50mm lowered H&R ones?

How much for theRials (pics too!).

I've just bought some new Sachs Shocks and H&R 50mm springs. Was going to keep the stock springs, in case I ever sell it.

I took coils off the H&R springs Hairy

On the H&R springs (before chopping) and on 15" wheels with 50mm profile (the setup on my Rials) there was still a gap at the front that I just didn't like and so the springs got chopped!. I too have kepts the stock ones - they can be used as gym weights they are that bloody heavy!

When you do yours I would suggest you only take off half a coil at a time. Bit of a faff but of course, easier to take off than put back on ;) I put Bilstein b4's on. I can imagine the Sachs are similar but you can't be sure how the shocks would affect the overall height. Depends how much preload is on them I suppose.

Rials are up for £600. There are some pics in the post I linked but I will add some more here. You may be in luck with them. A pal of mine is coming up to me in 2 weeks. He lives in Exmouth so I may well be able to get the wheels down to you?

Cheers, let me look at what I have squirrelled away.

Those pics on stock H&R's or after you'd chopped them?

Thats after I chopped em. I've got one from before. Let me dig it out.

Ok, let me have a looksee at my funds. Would you take an offer in case I come up short? Otherwise I may have to sell some things to get these.

Within the 2 weeks, I can come up with £500, anymore would have to wait 3, 4 weeks, that's if your mate can bring them back down the M5 (I can meet him off Jct 22, or 23).

I am presuming they're unmarked Pete?

Not marked in anyway. No kerbing, dents or chips at all. They're lovely.

Seen as though you're a fellow coupe man i'll be happy to take £500 :)

Let me just double check with my pal. We are off on a wee road trip weekend of the 18th so he will be heading back south on Monday 21st. Just got to check he is in a car with a big enough boot!

Looks like everything is fine for the 21st - as long as N Wales doesnt go on total lockdown! (that's where we are road tripping)

That's cool, keep put of Caerphilly ;)

Shall I pay your mate the moolah?

Looks like I can't PM you. Are you on WhatsApp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom