W123 Coupe sacrilege

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes I am, you've got me now :)

Last edited:
Yes I am, you've got me now :)
There's a 30 day / 30 post limit for new members before you can PM ; you aren't far off either , but if one of us asks nicely , one of the mods may lift it for you ?

Are the two of you in touch , or would you like me to ask ?

Hi Pontoneer, we are in touch now, but it would be nice :)

Thanks in advance for anything you might be able to do for me.

Hi Pontoneer, we are in touch now, but it would be nice :)

Thanks in advance for anything you might be able to do for me.

I will PM one of the mods and ask , but in any case you will be able to PM within a week or so . Good luck with the wheels .

Oh , BTW , the friend will likely need a van or estate car I think to get four wheels in ; when I bought my W140 last year , I got a set of five spare alloy wheels with it . Now the W140 has a much bigger boot than a W123 , yet I could only get three wheels in it ! Luckily , my pal had given me a lift to collect the car in his A Class , and with the back seats folded he got the other two wheels in , with not much space to spare . Another time I took my Erde 142 trailer to collect a set of four wheels , and they just fitted in !

Wheels , with tyres fitted are big things .

I took 4 wheels to someone the other day and it filled my XC90, so I know what you mean.

Reactions: 219
I adore my CLK but you make me dribble, very beautiful cars, always were and always will be, congratulations.

I will PM one of the mods and ask , but in any case you will be able to PM within a week or so . Good luck with the wheels .

Oh , BTW , the friend will likely need a van or estate car I think to get four wheels in ; when I bought my W140 last year , I got a set of five spare alloy wheels with it . Now the W140 has a much bigger boot than a W123 , yet I could only get three wheels in it ! Luckily , my pal had given me a lift to collect the car in his A Class , and with the back seats folded he got the other two wheels in , with not much space to spare . Another time I took my Erde 142 trailer to collect a set of four wheels , and they just fitted in !

Wheels , with tyres fitted are big things .

He drives a RAV4 :eek: he's normally happy to ride shotgun on our wee road trips, leaving the workhorse back at base. :)

He drives a RAV4 :eek: he's normally happy to ride shotgun on our wee road trips, leaving the workhorse back at base. :)
I guess there will be space for two wheels side by side and stacked two high then 😊

Indeed. Its getting them to my mates car in Wales that will be the challenge. I'm taking my 3 series beemer coupe so that's 2 wheels and another pal will have the other 2 in his Golf :) we will get them to you by hook or crook Paul :D

Indeed. Its getting them to my mates car in Wales that will be the challenge. I'm taking my 3 series beemer coupe so that's 2 wheels and another pal will have the other 2 in his Golf :) we will get them to you by hook or crook Paul :D
Golf , with back seats down , you just might get four wheels in , rather than take two cars .

If anything like me , you’d want to line the boot area with blankets or similar ... only reason I didn’t put other two wheels in back seat of my W140 . Once I bought a W111 ( Fintail ) with red leather and the vendor had put a wheel in the back seat : the tread marks remained as long as I owned the car .

Some may not care about such things ...

This thread reminds me of a Euro 280CE that I bought a few years back. It had a hideous over bumper body kit and someone had bondo'd the grill so that it looked like an SEC. The car had sat for about 15 years but I was able to get it running (although not well) and sell it on.

I can't believe that I made money on it but the guy who bought it actually restored it and did a pretty decent job.

280c1.jpg

280c2.jpg

See what you mean about the bumpers ; although in fairness , if painted decently in body colour they might have looked OK ...

The front bumper on that doesn't look right, did it have a body kit bumper on the front too?

XC90 = fine car 😊

Thanks, we had one for many years, then my wife said lets get a new XC60 which, whilst nice, wasn't a patch on the 90, so this year we got a new 90. Just swallows miles and people, and everything they've got.

I am not going full drongo on the car, and will keep all of the stock items, in case I want to return it to stock, but I think it's begging for a drop. Next purchase will be the previous coupe (W114) and I'll do the same to that too I think.

I now, with those Rials, have the kit I want. I have bought a complete replacement for the brakes, steering and suspension, have two small rotted areas in the side of the bulkhead being attended to, the interior will do for now and it's a lovely car. Next year I'll prolly buy an old 230 engine and rebuild it as a task, gearbox too, and fit that next winter. I love the car.

Thanks for all of your help guys, lovely forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom