W123 Coupe sacrilege

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'd be very interested in your engine work, but why not a different engine? I've been toying with the idea of electrifying mine but costs are still too high for what you get IMHO. The other thing I keep going back to is putting an M112 or M113 in her. You can pick up old w220 S classes with the M113 real cheap. So tempted to try that.

Obvs a massive job but......

I'm just happy with it, as I don't want a performance car (I've got the 911 for that). I've seen a lot of 560 V8 stuff, also supercharged from the C series, but just feel if I go anywhere with it, it will be electrification. I follow an Irish chap (company) that does the conversions from anything to electric and it doesn't seem that complicated. Also a company in Wales do it.

Also, I have the capacity for the electrification, but I think a full blown engine transpant wwould be far beyond my capabilities - Happy changing suspension, brakes, rebuilding an engine, but a transplant would be a bit too much to take on I think.

I would definitely have to up skill myself to do a full transplant for sure!

What's the company in Ireland and Wales? I've looked at a good few but can't help to see more.

If I really think about it I only need something with a 150mile or so range. It would be more the acceleration I'm attracted too :p

I would definitely have to up skill myself to do a full transplant for sure!

What's the company in Ireland and Wales? I've looked at a good few but can't help to see more.

If I really think about it I only need something with a 150mile or so range. It would be more the acceleration I'm attracted too :p

I was thinking range wouldn't be an issue, as I would be cruising anywhere I go with this car, so time isn't really a factor. I also think there will be breakthroughs in technology surrounding Electric vehicles, the more manufacturers come on board. So, yeah, 5 years time I think we'll have exchangeable in wheel motors to be able to retrofit cars/vans etc.

Will dig out the companies (One in Netherlands too).

edit:

New Electric Ireland
@NewElectricIRL

Damien Maguire
@EvBmw

Welsh company

Pretty cool show too:

Fully Charged Show
@FullyChargedShw

sorry, newbie / lurker here.

i also own a 230ce 1982
same colour as original poster.
my mechanic has done alot of mechanical work and next job is replacing the windscreen seals and obviously the rotten bits underneath
also same 50mm springs dropped!
also period correct wheels!
also looking to get her sprayed black eventually!
they might be long lost twins!!

also will be converting it to an EV once battery prices come down.
i was actually booked in on one of Damien Maguire's short EV Conversion courses here in Ireland but they got cancelled due to C19.

following this thread closely!!

Hi aaronmg. Be good if you could let me know how you get on with the seals. I'm after replacing the lot but they cost a fortune OEM so I've been looking for a company that can repro them.

Update us with pics as you go along.

Cheers, Pete

Hi aaronmg. Be good if you could let me know how you get on with the seals. I'm after replacing the lot but they cost a fortune OEM so I've been looking for a company that can repro them.

Cheers, Pete

Yes, I'd also like to replace mine without needing to sell a child.

yeah i got a few on ebay but only the more available ones. like windscreens and trunk etc.

i think the weatherstripping ones you need to actually sell your kidneys to afford them

Indeed. There is a chap I found at the Classic Car Show last year that would make a mould from the OEM weather strips but it was only going to be economical if I ordered quite a few meters, more than one cars worth.

If I can find him again perhaps there would be enough of us who need new ones to make it economic?

Cheers, Pete
Hi. If you find someone to make seals I’d be interested in at least one set. I currently have three 230Ce a. Thanks

Just bought the 'hockey sticks' seals for rear quarter panel coupe glass

Just bought the 'hockey sticks' seals for rear quarter panel coupe glass
Hi Aaron. The seals look good. Could you let us know how they fit? That site looks like they have the ones for above the window as well. Are you thinking of replacing those? Thanks

Hi Aaron. The seals look good. Could you let us know how they fit? That site looks like they have the ones for above the window as well. Are you thinking of replacing those? Thanks
Won't be replacing those as mine just need a bit of diy care. Abdel the guy who makes the seals has had many positive reviews in Mercedes magazines and club members in Germany

Won't be replacing those as mine just need a bit of diy care. Abdel the guy who makes the seals has had many positive reviews in Mercedes magazines and club members in Germany
Thanks Aaron. I’m still digging into the rust. Did you get that sorted on your car? Just looking to order floorpans but have found some German suppliers aren’t posting to the Uk at the moment.

Thanks Aaron. I’m still digging into the rust. Did you get that sorted on your car? Just looking to order floorpans but have found some German suppliers aren’t posting to the Uk at the moment.
No problem.
No I've done very little with my w123 the last few months - weathers been too rubbish to be at anything other than refinishing some zebrano trim. I've no garage and only a driveway so any progress is at the mercy of the weather!

I've been working away on mine. Rust was more extensive that I thought, so I have replaced loads of the bulkhead, wings, inner wings and radiator support. However, just now getting wing repairs fabricated (I bought some pattern wings but they were shite), putting the K&W springs on and then she's off for a respray. Wife also said she wants to sell it, as we're moving to a house with less sppace for cars, and I have a few lets say, but there's no chance now, not after I've spent 7 months getting her to a great state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom