W123 Coupe sacrilege

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can I ask what you managed to sell your original Bundts ? I've just acquired a set of 5 and want to sell and have no idea as values are all over the place
I bought Pete's Rial's, he didn't have Bundts.

It depends on condition really. If they are top notch, they're worth a grand, if they need refurbs, about £50 each; anything else is somewhere between them - I paid Pete £500 for his Rials which I then had chromed as the Black didn't suit my car (it's blueish, not silver). Put a piccy up as I might be interested in them as an alternative.

I bought Pete's Rial's, he didn't have Bundts.

It depends on condition really. If they are top notch, they're worth a grand, if they need refurbs, about £50 each; anything else is somewhere between them - I paid Pete £500 for his Rials which I then had chromed as the Black didn't suit my car (it's blueish, not silver). Put a piccy up as I might be interested in them as an alternative.
I need to give these a clean and check them over, as I just got them yesterday. A few minor curb marks, but they look ok generally. I wonder if it's worth refurbing and the selling, although it might not add much to the value / profit.

Attachments

• IMG_2563.png
    IMG_2563.png
    559.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2567.png
    IMG_2567.png
    465.9 KB · Views: 7
Not really relevant but I've always loved that wheel !

Ok, well, it took 9 months, but the bodywork is now sorted. Will love her for the summer, then work on the interior in the winter.

Attachments

• IMG_4144.jpeg
    IMG_4144.jpeg
    903.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4145.jpeg
    IMG_4145.jpeg
    806.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4146.jpeg
    IMG_4146.jpeg
    788.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4147.jpeg
    IMG_4147.jpeg
    999.8 KB · Views: 16
I need to give these a clean and check them over, as I just got them yesterday. A few minor curb marks, but they look ok generally. I wonder if it's worth refurbing and the selling, although it might not add much to the value / profit.
I reckon leave whoever buys them for the refurb.

How much would you take, for the record?

I reckon leave whoever buys them for the refurb.

How much would you take, for the record?
Hi, sorry for delay. I'm giving them a clean this week. I've actually now acquired 2 sets. (10 wheels) I'll send you some pics if you like. Open to offers as I have no need for them :)

Hi, hope you're having a good weekend. I've cleaned up the 5 wheels with degreaser and attached some pics. They are all in pretty good condition and you can see the numbers (Mercedes 1084001002) are all matching. They need a refurb to bring them up to standard and of course have some scratches and scuffs, but I cannot see any cracks or buckles. They are all marked 6.5j x 14 H2.

4 of them have AS1.62 stamps, another AS10.62 stamp. I've read that this the type of alloy used, nothing to do with size. I'm open to offers if you're interested. The tyres are all pretty old, so would need replacing.

Thanks, Ian

IMG_3097.jpegIMG_3098.jpegIMG_3099.jpegIMG_3100.jpegIMG_3104.jpegIMG_3105.jpegIMG_3106.jpegIMG_3108.jpegIMG_3115.jpegIMG_3116.jpegIMG_3117.jpegIMG_3118.jpegIMG_3119.jpegIMG_3120.jpegIMG_3121.jpegIMG_3122.jpegIMG_3123.jpegIMG_3124.jpegIMG_3125.jpegIMG_3126.jpeg

Ok, well, it took 9 months, but the bodywork is now sorted. Will love her for the summer, then work on the interior in the winter.
Looking good. Well done. We consider 9 months to be a sprint. Must get back on mine.

Hi,

New user here. Bought a silver 1978 280ce a few weeks ago and I'm looking to upgrade wheels.

@Hairy1305, those are BBS RA r16?? I'll be purchasing the same probably.

Here in Uruguay is a huge deal to get BBS's, I need to get as much info as possible first :p

Thanks!

Regards.

Hello c123 and welcome. BBS or Rials which I prefer.

Both look great.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211020-220611_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20211020-220611_Photos.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2
And these are some BBS style rims on my 123

Attachments

• 20200830_224056-COLLAGE.jpg
    20200830_224056-COLLAGE.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 7
Hi there,

I bought my wheels from Pete, which were blue/black, but I ended up getting them chromed. They are rials, which I too prefer. Trying to source centre caps for them is proving a nightmare, but otherwise it's all good. She's getting packed away for the winter now, mainly as I have no where to park her, so thought I'd take her off the road and do some jobs I've been meaning to.

Hi Paul, hope you're well. I'm putting mine away for winter too. She will be sitting atop the lift I've just bought. Steel prices seemed to have settled (at a high price :() and supply chain is working again to some extent so I have managed to find an affordable car lift in stock!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom