W123 door seals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Imbigboned

Car
1967 W100 600 SWB, 78 W123 280E, 99 SL320
Hi all

Anyone had any experience with non genuine door seals on W123?

Interested in experience really before I start buying.

Thanks

Probably won’t last as long original ones, I got some new rubber gaskets for indicator lights on my Ponton about 4 years ago and now have cracks.

Cheers Slade

Have you seen or had any experience with the Niemoller seals?

Cheers Slade

Have you seen or had any experience with the Niemoller seals?

No, I got the seals from mbclassics.de
I would be very surprised if can still get original ones. I believe all NOS seals are made in Italy regardless where you get them from and you don’t really have much option. It might worth having a look at German Ebay and other MB parts suppliers, might strike lucky on old stock.

Don't know if it applies to the seals as well but a lot of 123 parts also fit the 116. The replacement door seals for the 116 are a different profile from the originals and project slightly into the opening between front and back. Not by much but enough to rub on the edge of the other door and wear the paint.

IF they're the URO brand, then they are going to be sh1t. URO is trying to own the rubber gasket market by undercutting everybody else with sub standard products. People tend to make buying decisions on price and the end result is that every other aftermarket supplier that makes quality parts exits, thus leaving URO to be the only player. My only experience with URO seals is on an R107 and you literally had to cut the seal and turn it around as one section was made backwards.

Door seals for a Ponton are round £100 per door, hardly cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom