W123 indicators not operating

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Servicepoint

Car
W123 230ce
Not sure if this is a relay issue as the fuse is ok.

The indicators are not operating although the hazard lights work ok. All other electrics seem to work ok although the dashboard light for headlights are not now coming on ( the blue headlamp light).

Can anyone offer some advice as to what it might be, relay or something more complicated?

Thanks

Try turning the hazard warning switch on and off ‘roughly’ a few times.
The indicators run through this and any bad contact will stop them working.

Try turning the hazard warning switch on and off ‘roughly’ a few times.
The indicators run through this and any bad contact will stop them working.
thanks

I tried that and they have started working along with the dashboard illumination, are they both linked?
I assume it’s a simple case of replacing the relay under the haza

Iirc the hazard switch is also the flasher unit (could be wrong there)
Personally I would leave it until it happens again or just spray a little contact cleaner in there whilst operating the switch.
The dash lights are nothing to do with that but the cause is probably the same. Try turning the dimmer end to end and see if that fixes it. If it doesn’t it’s possible there is a dry joint on the connection to the dimmer. Simple enough to pull out the dash, clean up and resolder if it is that.
Those dash lights weren’t the brightest at the best of times 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Iirc the hazard switch is also the flasher unit (could be wrong there)
Personally I would leave it until it happens again or just spray a little contact cleaner in there whilst operating the switch.
The dash lights are nothing to do with that but the cause is probably the same. Try turning the dimmer end to end and see if that fixes it. If it doesn’t it’s possible there is a dry joint on the connection to the dimmer. Simple enough to pull out the dash, clean up and resolder if it is that.
Those dash lights weren’t the brightest at the best of times 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Think your right, I’ll leave them alone for now.
Thanks

Reactions: Ted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom