[SOLD] W123 M117

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zappa

Car
230CE
Ok, now I've reduced the price, let me know if your interested...

W123 V8 M117 560 engine and parts sale:

Right, a reluctant but realistic sale for me, basically a conversion kit to create a W123 560 V8 for your W123.

I’m selling this lot because I no longer have the car to put it in, or the time and space to do it.

This 560 M117.968 HV (822 high power version) engine was running and had 99k on the clock when taken out of the donor car.

When I bought the engine I decided I wanted to change a few items on the engine as a precaution, cam chain, tensioner, blades, the usual stuff on these engines.

I cleaned it up, got carried away, and bought loads of genuine stuff like water/oil pumps etc but didn’t get time to put it back together, life got in the way.

Bottom end, crank, rods and pistons are good, and not been removed from the block, bores are good no ridges, top end good.

The original auto box was sold on, as this conversion was going to be a 6 speed manual, hence the bespoke flywheel and clutch I had made, included in the sale.

I do not have a gearbox for this, but there are plenty of suitable Mercedes 6 speed manual boxes (w210/211/w140 etc) available on eBay, that will cope with the power.

You would need an engine/gearbox conversion plate for the manual transmission conversion, I ordered for one from a UK based company and was let down, but there are two companies in Europe that will reliably supply one.

Or you could stick to an auto box, the standard 722.3 or 722.6 box with an Ofgear controller, I have the original plate and ring gear etc in with the parts for sale.

The following list of items that comes with the engine:

New Genuine Mercedes parts still in original packing, as follows:

Cam chain, blades, tensioner etc

Oil pump and chain

Water pump and thermostat

cylinder head bolts and various engine bolts, lots!

distributor cap

inlet rubbers

injector rubbers

breather hoses/pipes

Various gaskets, rubbers, clips etc

Exhaust mid section cross pipe and rear silencer

Correct front coil springs to suit this engine in a W123

Manual gearbox cradle

W126 front brake disc back plates

Other new parts also included as follows:

Bosch OEM fuel injectors set X8

Elring full OEM engine gasket set

Meyle engine and gearbox rubber mounts

Goodridge braided front brake hoses

Full set of brake discs and pads (W126 ventilated fronts, upgrade and will fit W123), and all clips, pins etc

Complete remanufactured genuine ATE Mercedes W126 front and rear brake calipers, not cheap rubbish copies.

Camshaft sprockets

TTV lightweight racing flywheel made to MB-V8 conversion spec, complete with new clutch.

MB-V8 conversions bespoke cast aluminium engine mounts, no messing around measuring/ alignment, just slot engine straight in W123 on to above rubber mounts.

Other parts:

560 air filter housing (twin inlet)

Exhaust manifolds - the good ones unrestricted

Exhaust front pipes

fuel injection head, pipes, throttle body etc

Inlet manifold complete

W126 V8 speedo/revcounter

Alternator

Starter motor

Power steering pump

Prop shafts to suit conversion

W126 LSD Rear Diff

W126 brake servo

Manual clutch and brake pedal set

Mercedes twin electric cooling fan

Rad expansion tanks

There are also other parts…manual solid valve lifters, coil packs, fuel rails etc that were going to be part of the conversion but I didn’t get that far.

The parts above are correct for this conversion, as advised/supplied by the MB-V8 Conversions company.

I would take sensible offers of £750, which is a bargain considering the above cost £4000 to put together, and prices for this stuff are rising, assuming you can find some of the parts available.

I will not split the parts for sale, all the parts are being sold as one lot.

he buyer can easily make double the cost on these parts if sold separately.

Or this would be a good selection of spares for a classic Mercedes trade pro.

Please observe the following terms of sale:

Cash on collection or bank transfer (goods released when funds are cleared)

No swaps or part ex’s

No Paypal, eBay or any other third party payment system purchase.

PICK UP ONLY NO COURIERS!

Genuine buyers only, no time wasters please.

I’m based in Hastings, East Sussex.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• image4 2.jpeg
    image4 2.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom