W123 needed for studio photoshoot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vikki

Car
Mini
* Folks,

I help research the buying guides for Practical Classics and the next one I’ve been asked to do is on the W123. I need to find a tidy example, which I can put into the studio to photograph for the piece. Can you please get in touch with me if you’ve got a car that we can put in the studio – it needs to be in good condition and essentially to standard spec. The spec itself doesn’t matter, but something reasonably brightly coloured would be perfect as it's photographed on a white background in artificial light – so no white cars can be used and I also try to avoid black or silver, although we can use those if necessary. There will only be studio photography of the car, so there will be no dynamic shots taken at all.

If you think you might be able to help, could you drop me a line please, ideally directly to me at [email protected], attaching photos if you want to. In return for the use of your car (which nobody but you will drive), you'll get your costs paid, a set of the pictures (a studio shoot is worth about £350-£400) and your car in the magazine.

You'll need to be able to give up a few hours to take your car to either a studio in Derby or Hampshire. It would obviously be best for us to get someone reasonably close to one of these locations but not essential.

Thanks for your time,

Vicky Dredge

* Folks,

I help research the buying guides for Practical Classics and the next one I’ve been asked to do is on the W123. I need to find a tidy example, which I can put into the studio to photograph for the piece. Can you please get in touch with me if you’ve got a car that we can put in the studio – it needs to be in good condition and essentially to standard spec. The spec itself doesn’t matter, but something reasonably brightly coloured would be perfect as it's photographed on a white background in artificial light – so no white cars can be used and I also try to avoid black or silver, although we can use those if necessary. There will only be studio photography of the car, so there will be no dynamic shots taken at all.

If you think you might be able to help, could you drop me a line please, ideally directly to me at [email protected], attaching photos if you want to. In return for the use of your car (which nobody but you will drive), you'll get your costs paid, a set of the pictures (a studio shoot is worth about £350-£400) and your car in the magazine.

You'll need to be able to give up a few hours to take your car to either a studio in Derby or Hampshire. It would obviously be best for us to get someone reasonably close to one of these locations but not essential.

Thanks for your time,

Vicky Dredge

Hi Vicky. I don't have a W123 but i'm very photogenic. :)

Dear Mr B

Maybe if you know someone with a W123, we can photograph you and the car on the same day!

Try Jay Manek - he has some lovely cars. Home - Mercland - this is his business, the has other personal classics....

She wants an original W123 of which I had an absolutely stunning example until I sold it last year.
Now I only have my other W123 which is very far from original!

barock24.jpg

Dear Mr B

Maybe if you know someone with a W123, we can photograph you and the car on the same day!

Quick - can anybody loan me a W123. :bannana:

PS. Thanks for the kind offer. I'm sure someone will be along shortly with a W123.

Vicki , try Mark Cosovich in Swansea .

He is one of the country's leading restorers of W123 models and is sure to be able to put you in touch with a customer ( or several ) with a pristine example .

You can phone him at W123 World on 01792 846888

Mark is a leading enthusiast of the W123 and could probably give you an interview with a wealth of information on the model .

Hope this is of help .

Bah, mine is white and not yet tidy enough, on either side, for pretty pics. Although that hasn't stopped a few random snaps being taken of the old girl when I'm out and about.
I shall have to keep an eye out for this article as I've developed quite an addiction to the W123 and even the W114 has been catching my eye of late.

Hi All

Sorry for the delay in replying, thank you for all your replies and the info that you've supplied. I have forwarded Mark's details to the feature writer and cliveyboy8's car details to the Art Ed along with the picture. All this will certainly help pull this guide together. I'll let you know the scheduled publish date as soon as I get it but it should be in a couple of months time.

Cheers
Vicky

Hi All

Just to let you know that a car has been chosen for the guide and we do have a reserve in place should there be a problem. Thank you all for your help with this feature and hopefully you will enjoy the article when it's out.
Regards
Vicky

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom