W123 owner needs ford turbo help!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

philzick

Car
Ford Focus Estate + 1983 240D
Hi all, Just bought my w123 project and this weekend my 1.8 2001 Ford Focus which is being replaced by the merc...Think it's the TDDI,,, Endura on the engine block suffered the following... Please forgive the ford query but posted this on a ford forum and got no help whatsoever so on the basis that this forum has some really helpful folks on board (creep creep):) I hope someone can advise... On motorway when smoke appeared, really thick... late night so not sure what colour. Checked under the bonnet and could see what looked like light oil spray from the fat rubber pipe which connects from the back of the engine to the intercooler across the top. Thought it was dripping oil onto the engine and making the smoke so nursed it off the motorway. Still loads of smoke. Oil level was OK and pressure seemed OK too. Stopped off the motorway to check again... this time when I started up the oil light flickered on and power seemed to drop so switched off the engine and got trailered home. When returned home... engine cooled down and started OK with good oil pressure... enough to get it onto the drive. Engine sounded sweet with no noises. Oil is dripping (smallamount)from the exhaust also. Doesn't sound terminal but not good of course... any help welcomed from you turbo savvy guys. cheers, Phil

Sounds like classic turbo oil seal failure to me.

This usually means a replacement turbo unit is required as they are not exactly diy replacement territory. Also a lot of cleaning is required - to the pipework, intercooler, etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom