W123 Retrim Number 2!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jaymanek

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Lots of Mercedes!
Retrim number one done a couple of years back

yellowint.jpg

yellowint2.jpg

It became evident that the job wasnt great... springs went soft and i started to get back problems..

Also leather started to come apart at the base on drivers seat,..

Never trust anyone who works from a terraced in leicester

so decided to have it done properly by the guys that did my SEC and SL..

I went for black with black piping and square perforated pattern in the centres... sorry camera phone pics for now, proper pics to come when the seats are completed on Monday.. :bannana:

Used the finest quality scottish leather, really is far superior to anything found on the production lines..

Also adding a front armrest at the same time..

Seatspreview1.jpg

Seatspreview2.jpg

Seatspreview3.jpg

Last edited:
That looks great!

Do you know if the company you are using would sell the perforated leather? I need a smaal amount (1m x1.5m) to retrim the parcel shelf in my 1961 Warwick and that leather looks perfect.

Interestingly in their "Care and Maintenance" section they say never use saddle soap!!

i noticed that too... after it got such good reviews on another forum... im not going to use it then!

And voila...

seats1.jpg

seats2.jpg

seats3.jpg

I love it to bits, the square perforated leather looks amazing and the armrest is probably the best mod ive done in ages!

Very nice !! :bannana:

Liked the contrasting piping on the old lot though ...

Will they re-trim the steering wheel too ? the wheel looks old now compared to the rest of it.

That looks a very neat job Jay, looking good.

no ill be looking for a new steering wheel though... cant really retrim them without it looking rubbish...

Door cards havent been done either, ill be getting them done in near future.. but dont look out of place as its all black anyway...

Still very nice though Jay.

Did they fabricate the armrest from scratch or did they adapt a w124 one or something ?

Jay,

Lovely job on the interior, huge improvement IMAO.

When are you going to do the respray, and what colour:p :D

Wow - great job Jay.

HOw is everything going by the way? Haven't seen you since I said goodbye to my baby!!
Everything go well with the 500? Sold quick?

Cheers

Steve
:D

Nice one Jay, looking very tidy :)

Wow - great job Jay.

HOw is everything going by the way? Haven't seen you since I said goodbye to my baby!!
Everything go well with the 500? Sold quick?

Cheers

Steve

Thanks Steve... yes the E500 found a caring new home a while back.. but you will see the number plate on my SEC!
Been very busy since then, have a lot more stock now..

Will you be making the GTG in just under 3 weeks time?

Sounds like it will be a brilliant event and thanks for asking but alas no, cannot make it.

Fingers crossed for good weather for you though as I believe there may be a Toad in a convertible coming?:p

HA HAhahahahahahahahahahhahah !!!! :D

Have you been in my house ? stealing my photos ? :D

You have no idea what I've been up to in your house, Howard

:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom