W123 Straight 6 2.5 Ltr & Auto box 4 Sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DJK

Car
1982 230 TE (so far)
I recently bought a 1981 W123 250T as a parts car for my 230TE and have almost finished taking off what I need, however the donor car has a very good 2.5 ltr straight six engine and auto box that would be a waste to scrap.

The engine has done 131,000 and the amount of history that the car came with was huge. The car had been regularly serviced and whatever had needed to be done was done, mainly by a MB main dealer. The car was only scrapped due to body rot and problems with nearly all the steering parts that made it unviable to fix.

So if anyone wants the engine it's going for a song, all I want is £45 towards my cost of collecting and disposing of the car and the engine, gerbox and anything else thats left is yours to take.

You will have to remove the engine from the car, but you can do that here however I'll lend you what ever I can and even help you with the job, including tea and cakes. I just hope it's of use to someone as it would be a waste to scrap it.

David
Burnham on Crouch
Essex

hmmm! now my manual is on the way out. I was going to just change it for a 5 speed man, but now this is tempting! I would need all the bits and pieces to convert to an auto including brake pedal, vac lines etc....

Also, i dont know when im free to come there with my toolbox, how long are you keeping the car??

Cheers

Jay

Jay,

I'd obviously like to get rid of the car as quickly as posible, its on eBay right now at 0.99p, but if it's not too far in the future I could persuade my wife to let me keep it for a bit longer.

As I said everything is there all I am taking off is the trim, tailgate, locks, battery, lights, instrument pod, etc.

David

Very very tempted to take the engine for my 200T. Mmmm nice stealth motor. If no one else wants it please give me a shout.

This engine and gearbox are too good to send to the scrap yard and as I have said I have removed most of what I bought the car for already.

What I am looking to recover is £10 or £15 pounds towards my cost of hiring a trailer to collect the car, cost me £40 in total, for the engine and box. I am very happy for someone, anyone, to fetch a trailer and take what's left away for that kind of money, or they can come here and remove the negine, gearbox and anything else thats left that they can use and I'll arange to dispose of the body so to speak. Disposal will cost me £30, so in that case I am looking for between £40 and £45 pounds.

I'd like it done sooner rather than later and I am here all this weekend to help, provide tea, coffee, cakes and bandages if someone wants it.

I't would just be very sad to see such a good motor end up in the crusher but I don't have the time to strip the car fully and "she who must be obeyed" had laid down the law on this one so it needs to sooner rather than later.

So really if anyone is interested then just let me know and come and get it.

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom