W123 TE 5.0 V8!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abb

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes
Now heres a wolf in disguise ;)

I really like that. It’s very special and beautifully done but it’s a big rich for me. I’m sure someone somewhere will offer close to the asking price though. Not sure it will sell as quickly as the vendor suggests, but I have been wrong many many times before!

Little known fact is that the engine bay in a W123 is exactly the same as W126 so everything will bolt up. You want a bigger radiator for your 280TE or 300TD? Get one from a 560SEL and it will bolt right up.

That price is a bit optimistic imho. Modified classics are not generally worth more than original examples. It would also look a lot better on some steel wheels with hub caps or bundts.

Nice car, but talk about laying it on thick...
Very few were built, (no more are planned now), and of the few that were.... most are buried in long term ownership and are prize possessions so wont be seen for sale anytime soon if at all, this could be a unique opportunity!

Leaving the 230TE badge on the back is very naughty ;-)

It maybe just be the photo but that engine looks to be mounted quite far forward, looks to be a fair gap from back of engine to the bulkhead, God forbid it might handle like an old Audi.

Just to say that I suspect the extra cost is down to the workmanship of Martyn Marrocco. He is fastidious and I suspect that pushed the original build price up quite a bit!

This thing will no doubt be an absolute joy to drive but a pain to fill up.

Would make for an interesting daily!

That price is a bit optimistic imho. Modified classics are not generally worth more than original examples. It would also look a lot better on some steel wheels with hub caps or bundts.
Yeah it is really on the high side, I guess to the right person this would be a gem!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom