W123 temperamental wipers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gurn1427

Evening,

Symptoms as follows:

Indicators work just fine
Windscreen Jet fine too.
3 stage of wiper: intermittent, constant 1 and constant 2.
Wipers some times choose to work fine on every stage.
Lately, choosing only to work only on constant 2. No response on first 2 settings.
Has got progressively worse over time.
Wondering if it's more like to be a dodgy connection in the stalk or a relay somewhere needs changing.

Any ideas? Cheers!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Check to see if you have two of the same type of relays and switch them around. I don't know about the 123, mine has two of the same relays for the wipers, one is kind of sticky and sometimes caused the rain-sensing wiper to "forget" to shut off. I switched them around as a temporary fix, as I don't ever use the constant on settings. Otherwise - switch.

Almost certainly something simple. Clean your connections first, then replace relay (they are not expensive).

Most likley to be the stalk switch, does gentle wiggeling the rotating part of the wiper switch fix the fault?

Dec

Definitely makes a difference depending on the position of the indicator stalk, yes. Almost like there's a loose connection in there somewhere.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Lots of in-out-up-down-push-twist action will do that to wires. But! Start with the simple stuff, a relay costs a couple of bucks, a switch - not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom