W123 Window Scrapers / Seals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BerthaMerc

Car
W124 300CE x2, W123 280CE, Audi 3.0 Cabrio (for sale)
Hi all

Restoring a W123 Coupé and have run into a difficulty with window scraper seals (front and rear both sides).

Apparently MB have discontinued these: I'm really hoping that someone here knows where we can get some.

Anyone have some for sale?
Is there a source of these somewhere else?
Would saloon rubbers be suitable? (Appreciate that they might need to be trimmed to fit - is the length the same for front doors on the saloon / estate? Rears obviously not...)
Are the rubbers the same for any other model? (Again, appreciate that trimming might / will be needed)
Anyone had any joy getting them custom made?

Look forward to hearing from you!

Many thanks

BerthaMerc

Ps First post so hope it's in the right place etc!

Unfortunately they are unique to the C123. Hopefully now that they are discontinued, they'll make another run off them. When they were still available. They cost several hundred dollars to purchase.

Welcome!

If you mean the external rubber seal for front and rear windows that sits below the chrome trim on the door tops, I used 95A below as a direct replacement on my W114 coupe (the originals were unavailable and truly awful anyway). Clipped on with the existing trim clips and seals beautifully.

Woolies Trim - Weatherstrip

Edit - it does look as though DBDepot has some rear weatherstrip available for a W123 coupe, 15 on the diagram linked.

https://www.dbdepot.de/index.php?nav=4&lan=2&

I have dealt with both the above and can vouch for their dependability, but the Woolies trim above was excellent quality, a lot of German stuff has not been that great.

Good luck with your restoration, just completed my W114 coupe restoration which took 2 years and all my money...

Last edited:
Thank you. I will check these links out.

Best wishes!

Hi Berthamerc,

I run into this problem earlier this year. My front and rear window seals are in okay condition but the seal that runs along the sides of both windows were completely perished. There's also an over moulded rod that sits between where the door closes and goes to the back of the rear window which was completely shot. And my door seals had holes in them too.

I tried searching for these for many months, I found a pair of door seals from ebay.de for around £140.00. However I had to go to MB directly to buy the ones for my window/door. Both pairs set me back over £1200. :(

The site that Charles has provided seems a lot more cost effective, wish I had come across this before!

Hope this helps.

regards,
Shyam

The current issue of Classic Mercedes has a good piece on the C123 and mentions the window seals as being particularly very expensive and also needing to be fitted by an expert if they are to work properly.

Does anyone have any update on the best place to secure the rubber seals. Specifically the ones that go around the top of the doors and rear windows.

Ta

Try here

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom