W123 window switches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

123andAway

Car
W123 280e
W123 280E 1982

does anyone have some nice looking electric windows switches for the above car? Mine are on the centre console near the hazard light switch in sets of two.

Everything I see on eBay is for left-hand drive cars but I need mine for a UK right hand drive car.

Many thanks. Tom

The cheap copy switches are crap so avoid them. I don't think these things are handed as such. The units are identical except for the child lock button in the middle so it's up to you which side you put it.

The cheap copy switches are crap so avoid them. I don't think these things are handed as such. The units are identical except for the child lock button in the middle so it's up to you which side you put it.
That’s interesting. I was trying to work out why sellers specified LHD or RHD and your’re right it must be the middle button.

One question: is there a technical way to get all windows to shut on the press of one button, which I would locate discreetly somewhere?

1982 might be a change over year. Thy would be either the older style switches in the W116 or the newer style ones in the W107/W126. At least, the older style switches were available aftermarket. I can't remember if the Gen1 W126 are.

Is the 123 too early for a comfort module? If it has one then it's very easy for a button to do a full roll up or down of the windows. The alternative is a window module for an aftermarket alarm system which you can use as a stand alone. Easy wiring as it just intercepts the power feed to all four windows and provides power to them when it's trigger wire is earthed. Either push button or remote trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom