W123

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aslam

Car
Mercedes Benz W123
Hi 👋

I’m a newbie to this forum and also a newbie to owing a W123 ( 280 E ) although been a fan / admirer / dreamer for a long time . I’ve always wanted one and yesterday finally got one . ( well it sort of fell into my lap , i in couldn’t say no 😂 ) anyway I’m hoping someone on here can help me . I’m looking to change the exhaust , and was wondering if anyone knows where the best place to go would be . It doesn’t need to be supplied and fitted . I can do the fitting .
Also looking to replace carpet , any ideas please 🙏🙏
Many thanks in advance

pic of my car attached

Attachments

• C8E3A782-D730-4B52-8C12-86A35D897FEC.jpeg
    C8E3A782-D730-4B52-8C12-86A35D897FEC.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
Also is there a section on this forum dedicated to W123 ????

Early car, nice. The carpet can be bought in kits from www.gahh.com or www.worlduph.com. You'll need to keep the foam part of the carpet and carefully peel it away and glue it to the new carpet or use dynamat or something similar. Usually if the carpet is rotten, the floors are rotten so inspect that carefully.

I expect that you can get the exhaust system from Mercedes Benz but if you want to go stainless. The only supplier that I know is also in the US and they are called timevalve.

Best of luck

Early car, nice. The carpet can be bought in kits from www.gahh.com or www.worlduph.com. You'll need to keep the foam part of the carpet and carefully peel it away and glue it to the new carpet or use dynamat or something similar. Usually if the carpet is rotten, the floors are rotten so inspect that carefully.

I expect that you can get the exhaust system from Mercedes Benz but if you want to go stainless. The only supplier that I know is also in the US and they are called timevalve.

Best of luck
Thankyou so much for reply . That’s really helpfull .

Welcome. For spares Ebay UK Ebay.de Niemollermercedes.de mbclassics.de mbdepot.de
Breaker, [email protected] Just google MB123 spares and see whats comes up. Be aware some spares for LHD cars are different.

Sorry this is a very late reply, but I wanted to recommend the exhaust place I used for my Volvo: Infinity exhausts, just off junction 18 of the M4 (Bath exit). They handmade the complete system and gave me advice on specifications. The price I paid for supply and fitting was pretty reasonable to.

Please post if you have already had it done and how are you did it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom