W124 - 1989 electric windows

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

230Eguy

Hello Forum,

just bought this 1989 W124 and only one out of the 4 electric windows works. The other three buttons don't evoke any action/noise once pressed.

How can I diagnose whether its the switch, fuse, the motor...etc?
I looked at the fuse box and they seem ok.

Im new to this kind of stuff so please bear with my ignorance :)

Cheers!

I would try the switch that works on the connectors for the other windows. This way it will rule out the switches which are the most likely culprits...

Well, I had the chance over the weekend to look at the electric windows of my 230E...swapped the working switch around and found that 2 of the 4 window switches are working...

However, two are completely dead. Is my assumption correct that the next step would be to look at the motor that drives the windows are is there maybe anther check that I should be looking at first?

Thanks!!

if it's the rear windows that are not working, I'd check the wires where they go through the door pillars into the doors - it's a common place for them to break

Cheers

Andy

Hey Andy,

Of course - to make matters more complicated - it had to be one in the rear and one in the front that gave out... :)

Will check the wires in the door ! Cheers!

when i bought my w124 the rear didn't work but found after a better look not many people use the back windows on the car they can dry up and stick it is worth trying lubby fluid if that doesn't work diff try the wires

Are the windows on the same fuses or is it one front, one back on one etc?

Just thinking that it might be worth giving the fuses a check/clean.

Basically, is the front passenger window and the right rear one that are not functioning...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom