W124 1991 500e

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Beautiful car and low mileage, but again priced too high!

Good luck with the sale.

Provenance of an imported Japanese vehicle is always a little questionable but can be proven with a little digging and a freind on the country.

However, lost documents have cost you dearly here, with or without photographs, you effectively have a vehicle with unproven mileage that whilst looking very well cared for is now effectively incomplete.

With cars of this nature, provenance is everything.

It will sell, but the lost history will gaurantee it will not reach 5 figures.

Yes, I was going to note, it will be worth considerably less without the history backing up the mileage (low miles are rare for an E500 and most owners would want paperwork).

Good luck again. Personally I think its worth £7k. Good colour combo, nice mods and alot of work done to it. I recall Ian.B.Walker stating it's got full compression and both engine and gearbox are perfect - but on a level if you think its worth £15k then by all means ask £15k for it or keep the beauty! A pretty poor 500E recently sold for £3k!

At the moment the second hand car market is very poor and shifting a 18 year old 5 litre LHD car priced in the same range as a C55 AMG will prove to be difficult.

If you need anything else please ask. If anyone asks me for 500's avaliable I will point them to this one.

just because its up for £15k im sure we all would ask for more than we would take

i cant see a down side to it at all and considering the money he has spent on it (which is a bit mad if your going to then sell it) its going to do another 15 years easily

i just love the car, the colour, the condition THE POWER

only down side for me is LHD but some people liek that as it makes it a bit quirky

unlike another thread i dont think he is saying its worth 100% of the £15k (as its got make an offer) but that is what its up for just before it goes down the route that the poor old "The Boss" had to deal with (not that it is just yet)

anyway im off to kill yanks on COD 4

Paddy why are you selling it? What's wrong with you?

Do not take a penny under £15k for it. If I didn't already have one, I would have paid your asking price.

Anyway, I'm off to kill n00bs of all colours and creeds on SF4

As a jap import the mileage is probably correct..

They cover very few miles in Japan as a rule but the problem is that the ones they do cover tend to be in heavy traffic..
This could explain the gearbox issue - I think this could be one you may want to invest in sorting out as it would put me off for sure.. and I work with MB's all day long.

(I used to import jap cars, ive sold hundreds of them...)

Upside is they are usually very well maintained..

Last edited:
Paddy why are you selling it? What's wrong with you?

Do not take a penny under £15k for it. If I didn't already have one, I would have paid your asking price.

Anyway, I'm off to kill n00bs of all colours and creeds on SF4
I have the same opinion here.After spending so much,why would you sell a car that is so special?I think is worth every penny,and wish i had thr money:wallbash:.Good luck mate

Agree with Jay, worth sorting out gearbox at that asking price - they are such an easy fix, as there are hundreds of good gearboxes sitting at Mercedes breakers. Any gearbox from an r129 500sl or w140 s500 will do the trick.

The valve body on 500e's was different but if that's in good order, then you can just attach the 500e one to the replacement transmission.

A good used gearbox shuold cost no more than 400 quid...labour time to change is approx 5 hours, a good indy should do it for 150-200.

With a perfect running car with no faults, you stand a far higher chance of achieving the price you ask.

cheers
talbir

When did it go from Spain to Japan?

My gut feel, is its a £9-10k car with the gearbox sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom