W124 1992 passenger door unlock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steviep96

Car
1992 300te estate
Hi guys.

New to the forum and Mercedes but I hope someone could kindly help.

The passenger door on my 1992 300te W124 will lock but not unlock. Its intermittent and all other doors and boot work fine.
Any ideas?

Cheers

The key should turn a ¼ turn to the left and to the right.
Try squirting some oil right into the key hole, repeat regularly for a few days to see if it improves.

Dec
attachment.php

Does the door lock behave the same via the lock as it does via central locking? just wondering whether the lock itself, or the central locking actuator is the culprit.

Lubricating the lock is always a good idea, but I wouldn't use wd40. I'd use a dry lubricant like a graphite spray. Specific lock lubricants are available.

Door

Sorry been on holiday.

Thanks for the replies. The fault occurs using the central locking. Only on the unlock and seems to get stuck. Actuator seems ok. Can't see any splits. Wondered if a specific part of the mechanism is over extending or getting stuck.

Cheers

Steve

How many seconds does the vacuum pump run for when locking?
How many seconds does the vacuum pump run for when unlocking?

Ideally, the pump should run for 2 seconds when locking and unlocking.

Dec

If you haven already, try removing the pop up door peg and test to see if there is any improvement, perhaps the door card is in some way hindering the pegs action.

Dec

Hi Dec,

I've had the same issue with the door card off. Its a weird one. Guess i'll change the actuator and lube everything.

Already regret buying it. Damn hose decisions made with the heart.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom