W124 1995 E320 Heated Seats Not Working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ap999

Car
mercedes w124
Hello All

This morning the heated seats on my 1995 E320 were working fine.
However, on the return journey both front seat heaters appeared to stop working at the same time.

Both heated seat switches light up on low and high settings, and the relay under the rear seat appears to click faintly when switching through the low/high modes.

I tried to locate the fuse(s) for the heated seats but could not find it listed in the fuse box.
A Google search seemed to suggest that the fuse was located within an external fuse box attached to the front strut mount bolts, but I don't see it on my car.

Does anyone know where the fuse may be located, or what may have caused both heated seats to fail suddenly?

Thanks

Just wanted to round this off in case it's of use to someone.

On my 1995 E320, the 25A heated seat fuse was actually located with the relays at the rear of the fusebox. I've attached a pic below. The unused fuse looks to be for the tow hook wiring.

As stated previously, the strange thing was that when seats weren't working, the heated seat switches still lit up as normal, and I could hear the heated seat relay clicking away under the rear seat.

Anyway, the fuse itself was intact, but the fuse holder contacts had corroded. A quick clean up later (and installing a new fuse), and the heated seats are now working fine, just in time for the chilly mornings :)

20191027_123610.jpg

Good find. The seats will also cut out if there is not enough power in the battery. Also, have you got the copper/brass files fitted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom