W124 1996 Coupe Glove box?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

damauk

Car
E220 Coupe W124
Hi, I have recently purchased a 1996 E220 Coupe (W124) and dont have much knowledge about these cars - I'm aware there is a an airbag on the passenger side, however is there a glove box too, if so how do I open it?

Thanks,

David.

Hi David, the passenger airbag replaced the glove box on the later cars and was replaced with the additional center box.

Hi, I have recently purchased a 1996 E220 Coupe (W124) and dont have much knowledge about these cars - I'm aware there is a an airbag on the passenger side, however is there a glove box too, if so how do I open it?

Thanks,

David.
Hi David,

As said, the airbag replaced the glovebox, but it looks like one. As you're on a learning curve (no pedantics intended!), the coupé is prefixed with a C, so it's a C124.

One other little thing you may wonder about in the interior is the little window in the passenger door compartment. The service book would normally be fed into the channel behind with the page open at the next service interval to give a visual reminder. This works better for the drivers of lhd cars, but MB never bothered converting it to the rhd market, and the window itself is unique to the coupés and cabriolets (A124).

Door.jpg

Thank you for the information. I hadn't noticed the small window before. The reason I was asking about the glove box is that I am still hunting for the service book and manual - I was reassured it somewhere in the car. Me being stupid, I didn't check before I purchased it, as did come with a massive folder of service history though.

Thank you again for your help.

Reactions: MD5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom