W124 200TE Station front grill left/right space is the same?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carla

Car
SLR
Hi, im looking to buy a used W124 200TE Station from 1991, but there is something I saw today that puzzled me: in this station I saw today the space between the grill and body, on the left side of the grill, is greater than on the left side. But the side panels seem to be in good condition on both sides, it does not look repaired.
Is the space between the grill and the body the same on the right and left?

Hi, im looking to buy a used W124 200TE Station from 1991, but there is something I saw today that puzzled me: in this station I saw today the space between the grill and body, on the left side of the grill, is greater than on the left side. But the side panels seem to be in good condition on both sides, it does not look repaired.
Is the space between the grill and the body the same on the right and left?
It should be .

Do you mean the line where the grille meets the bonnet ( it should be bolted on evenly with just the gasket between all the way along ) ; where it sits above the bumper ( again an even gap all the way along ) , or the gap between the grille and the headlamps ( should be the same on each side ) ?

Any differences may be the result of either disassembly and poor reassembly , or of the grille being reversed into , or otherwise damaged .

Are the bonnet shut lines against the front wings true and even on both sides ; also front wing rear edges to front doors ?

It should be .

Do you mean the line where the grille meets the bonnet ( it should be bolted on evenly with just the gasket between all the way along ) ; where it sits above the bumper ( again an even gap all the way along ) , or the gap between the grille and the headlamps ( should be the same on each side ) ?

Any differences may be the result of either disassembly and poor reassembly , or of the grille being reversed into , or otherwise damaged .

Are the bonnet shut lines against the front wings true and even on both sides ; also front wing rear edges to front doors ?
Hi!
Thanks so much for your help :)
I mean the the gap between the grille and the headlamps. Its greater on the left side.
I guess that if it should be the same on both sides, maybe its the headlamp that is farther back...

Hi!
Thanks so much for your help :)
I mean the the gap between the grille and the headlamps. Its greater on the left side.
I guess that if it should be the same on both sides, maybe its the headlamp that is farther back...
Yes , it should be the same ; it is entirely possible the headlamp isn’t mounted correctly .

This thread needs photos.

Reactions: 219
Maybe a facelift headlight and or, filler panel wedged in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom