W124, 201, 123 Zebrano & leather wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is that about the right money, and are they an easy fit, would anyone know?

Cheers,

Paul

Cheers,

Paul

Paul.The price is about right,even though i think is not original.Here is how i`ll look on the car
jaymanek-albums-w123-280ce-picture1869-rpe19.jpg

Cheers,

Paul

There really isn't a right price. It's what the market will pay & how much a buyer wants it.

To fit, remove either the star badge in the middle or the entire horn pad (which peels off from the back), get a long 10mm hex allen key & a breaker bar & apply considerable force. Best to have someone else hold the wheel to avoid straining the steering lock. MB specify a new hex bolt, which is a couple of quid.

Don't remove the hex bolt all the way until you have pulled the old wheel free of the spline or you may wallop yourself in the face with it when it fianlly lets go.

you may wallop yourself in the face with it when it fianlly lets go.

:eek: Been there ....

That was after i had hit myself in the knee with a club hammer as well ....

Howard, would you say you were a 'natural when it comes to things mechanical?

I bought one of those from that ebay seller about six months ago for my W123. It was cheaper, but the exchange rate might have been better at the time.

On the down side, the leather covering looked cheap and not brilliantly stitched and it is an expensive mod.

On the plus side, it turned up (quickly!) it was easy to swap over.

It complemented the zebrano trim excellently, and felt great in my hands when I was driving.

If you get one, keep the old steering wheel. You'll want to sell it separately at some time in the future.

And, when I was changing it over, I had to do it a few times, because I hadn't quite aligned it properly. Make sure the front wheels are dead straight. HD

Thanks everyone, for the advice and images.

Is it a trick of the light, or is the wood lighter than on the original?

That said, they both look excellent!

Cheers,

Paul

Howard, would you say you were a 'natural when it comes to things mechanical?

LOL .....

Not really ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom