W124 220coupe 1995 Sunroof Issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benzwalah

Car
W212 E220 CDI Blue Eff 2010 & W123 230E 1984
Hi , apologies in advance as I'm new and not very IT savvy and lose myself on this site everytime.

Need some advice, My sunroof goes up at the back and comes down but does not slide open. It was working before being parked up in ''LOCKDOWN''. My windows only work with the door open , i have been told that the windows and stereo are to do with the ''Comfort Relay module '' under the rear seat, I have sourced one from three pointed star and will be changing it tomorrow. any ideas can anyone tell me whats going on !?
Thanks

That's odd I replied to this yesterday and checked the post afterwards. A strange disappearing act.
The sunroof switch may be duff, check the yellow/violet wire between the switch and comfort module and the same from the module to the sunroof drive unit. The module is connected in parallel to the roof so it's failure should not affect the roof. The radio is on a totally separate circuit and not connected to the module, windows or sunroof.
Check fuse 2. Ignition supply to main relay. (which in turn powers the comfort module and windows with ignition on). There won't be a fault with the comfort module as it's working with an open door. The main relay has 2 separate power supplies one with the ignition on and one with it off and the door open.

HI WRDCCO1,

Thank you for your reply. I only just saw it. I replaced the Comfort relay and the drivers window went down then didnt go back up. Then I I tested the other windows and none worked. However as soon as the doors hey presto they all work.
I will now check that fuse 2 that you mentioned. Do the door switches have anything to do with the comfort relay as there are two strong pins near the hinges and ive tried different permutations on pressing them . ie both togather then top one then bottom one but nothing happens on the windows ,. As soon as both are let go ie door open position the windows all work.

Your post is greatly appreciated. Just woke up with this window puzzle in my head !!

Cheers

Careful with the wording here. There are two bits to the comfort system. The comfort relay, which is just a main power feed that switches with the ignition or with the earth from the door pin switches. Then you have the comfort module itself which taps into the sunroof and integrates the windows and switches. Ignore the 86 on fuse 2 this is just an annotation for a relay coil if fitted which it isn't on yours.
There is something odd going on with this thread as the posts are alternating and disappearing and reappearing so continuity may be a bit off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom