w124 230ce build thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

murder merc

Car
w124 ce and a matt black 190e
starting to really get in to this car now so thought i would start documenting it.

Thought i would start posting it up as i have missed this place (and my 190)

The day i got it

Then i lowered it

Bought some 18's

Removed the mudflaps

Fitted metal thermostat housing (essential) and new thermostat

I have changed the
Plugs
Oil and filter
Dizzy cap and rotor
New full exhaust
Track rod arms

How shes sitting today after a 400 mile trip in the grubby miserable weather

What's next --some clear front /rear indicators/repeaters? Keep the old style grille/headlights by the way suits the car better.

keep the orange indicators... dont do clear.. with the "heritage" grille, it will look so much more dated... clear i think only works on the facelift models..

if you want clear, then go half / half..

YES - WORKS WELL FOR AGE
5.JPG

HMM - I TRIED IT. DIDNT LIKE IT.. SO PUT BACK THE ORIGINALS
previouslywithclearindicators.jpg

FOR ME.. - I DONT THINK THIS WORKS IMO.
1.jpg

keep it original... or half/half...

if you decide half / half, i have my set stored somewhere..

staying orange guys! standard is the best.

took the fuel supply assembly out today and fitted a new filter, still off the car waiting for a fuel pump to be delivered.

new filter fitted

The new fuel filter i fitted last week never really sealed up perfectly so put a new one on and a new fuel pump.

During he cleanup/building of the fuel assembly with new pump and filter

Silent fuel delivery now!!!

Thats an old picture of the 300E-24 saloon. Used to belong to our son. It was written off by a drunk driver in Valencia about 6 years ago. It proved to be a good car. Bought for £1500 but needed a bit spending to get up to scratch. Insurance paid out £3500 when it was written off! Still have the plate on our daughters Mini

Love the look of the car but those wheels and strips of rubber for tyres just don't do it for me. What is the ride like now I wonder?

Very nice CE you have there... Looking exceptionally great! For me, AMG monoblock wheels look too good on those 80s and 90s MB models... Yes definitely keep the orange lens and grille...they give that extra sense of solidity in the design of the car IMHO.

thanks guys!

surprisingly (or not) the ride is still very very exceptional considering the low profile tyres. very pleasant.... its a mercedes after all! :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom