W124 230e 1987 engine wiring harness needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

abboudi

Hello,

I am in the process of restoring my Dad's old w124 since he died last July.

The VIN is WDB1240232A606219 - 1987 230E

Since the car is in Pakistan, some of the smaller parts have been hard to come by so I have been sourcing parts online and shipping them to myself in England and bringing them with me when I travel to Pakistan. Its tedious work but she's coming together slowly.

Most of the engine work is almost done but I am really having a hard time finding the wiring harness. The one thats in the car is dry, cracked, brittle and barely holding together. If someone could point me in the right direction, or let me know if they have one for sale, I would be really really grateful. (I wouldn't mind one that is used and in good condition or a new one altogether)

Less importantly, I am also looking for a brake booster for the same car in new or good condition. But my priority is the wire harness :p

Thanks,

Abdullah

It may be of assistance to know that the M102 2.3 single cam 4 cylinder engine shares many characteristics with the W201 (190) 2 litre engines of the same era. Things to check would be type of fuel system carburettor/fuel injection Jetronic K or KE type and engine cooling were the same. Might widen your choice of donor cars for a engine loom?

It may be of assistance to know that the M102 2.3 single cam 4 cylinder engine shares many characteristics with the W201 (190) 2 litre engines of the same era. Things to check would be type of fuel system carburettor/fuel injection Jetronic K or KE type and engine cooling were the same. Might widen your choice of donor cars for a engine loom?

W201 is a different loom, there's no shortage of W124 230E/TEs being broken up so finding an engine loom won't be a major mission.

hi, thanks for your reply....

do you know any good breakers/junkers that I could contact for the wiring harness? I havent been having much luck...

thanks again

The other possibility is to go to your local auto electric supplier buy some reels of appropriate gauge auto wire, some heat shrink sleeving and a good high power soldering iron and rebuild the loom yourself using the old connectors. People have used this breaker in the past. Genuine Mercedes Spare Parts | Mercedes Spares |

I have just broken a 230....I will see if the harness is still available.

Do you need any other parts?

Care to suggest a price for this item Nick?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom