W124 230E Oil Pressure???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

imbck666

Car
Mercedes W124 230E Saloon (SOLD), W210 E200 (WRITTEN OFF), W210 E240 2001 Facelift, W211 E220 cdi 07
Hi all
I have a W124 230E G reg 1990//

anyway, when car is cold started in morning after severel hours inactivity... the oil pressure is 3 bar max.
After about 5 miles or temp rise to 50 degrees, the pressure drops to 2.5 bar, then after about 15 miles of city driving, hot temperature... the pressure when car is stopping at lights drops to 1 bar..

Ive cleaned the instrument panel fuse in the fusebox, can someone tell me if this is ok? or normal..?
Ive got 10W 40 Synt oil inside, castrol magnatec.. needs an oil change now but is it normal
thanks.

Yes, it's fine.

As long as the hot oil pressure at idle is above 0.3 Bar, and rises to 3 Bar before you get to 2000 rpm, it's OK.

it doesnt rise to 3 when i accelerate to 2000 rpm on 3rd gear, but does when on second gear before 2000 rpm
is that ok?

and by the way, the pressure gauge like kind of wiggles sometimes when stationary, hot and 2 bar.
is that ok?

I'd do an oil and filter change if it's due.

I'd expect to see an improvement once changed :)

(But as Number Cruncher has said, it sounds like it's within spec anyway)

Will

Cool.. thanks all for your responses.. my heart is at rest now..
will do an oil and filter change tomorrow.. have the materials anyway.

You can relax even more securely!

My memory had failed me - the spec is 3 Bar at 3000 rpm, NOT 2000 rpm as I wrote earlier. So, if you're anywhere near 3 Bar by 2000 rpm, you're well within spec.

oh! now thats a relief:) thanks so much mate..
yeah its maxed out at 3 bar at 3000rpm.. easily..
thanks again

RTFM. It's all explained there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom