W124 260E 1990 Not firing!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark Wood

Car
260E (1990)
I'm at a total loss. My 260E has died. She turns over strong and there's definately voltage to the HT leads (ran a strobe timer.)

I've changed Fuel Pump Relay as the (clever) AA man said it will be that.
All the fuses are fine. I can hear the fuel pump start and other bits and pieces spring to life when ignition is turned. The engine turns well but dosen't even attempt to fire.

Where is the best place to start I'm new to all this I hope someone can help :(

Thanks

(P.S. there,s half a tank of fuel in the tank.)

I have experienced a similar problem and my fault was that the injectors were clogged. Try slackening off one of the injector lines and turn the engine over, you should see fuel seaping from the union. If you dont have any then use some injector cleaner. It may work.

Thanks for speedy reply. :)

Unscrewed two of the fuel line unions. No fuel came out when turning engine. Partly unscrewed fuel feed into fuel regulator and petrol started seeping rapidly. Do you think its worth striping the fuel distributor. I think you've hit near the mark. Your comments you be greatfully apreciated. Thanks

Dont whatever you do strip down the distributor head !! Disconect the inlet to the distributor head. Slacken off a injector line as you did before. Take a piece of pipe push it over the inlet to the distributor head, fill the pipe with injector cleaner make sure the pipe is clean, very clean before fitting, take the king lead out of the coil (so it wont fire up when you turn it over) have friend turn over the engine, watch outlet from distributor head, when fuel is seen connect everything back together and try to start it again. You may have to repeat this process a number of times.

Cheers I'll give this a go tommorrow. I'll let you know how it's going. Must get ready for tonight (I can see the pub from here!) Have a great New Year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom