W124 300CE stance build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gunning

MB Enthusiast
Car
800BHP Rothmans 911 / Range Rover / s212
Well this evening I decided to buy my project car courtesy of John (trapperJohn).

I collect it in a couple of weeks when it gets tailored 400 miles back to Cornwall.

Current plans are as follows:
Replace windscreen
Full suspension overhaul
Work out a way to get it low and stanced (not too sure how to do this yet)
I don't want it low so it looks stupid. Just on the top of some big beefy tyres with some camber on the rear end
I'm looking for some 3 or 2 piece split rims.
General interior clean up
Clean the engine bay up

Bodywork wise I'm undecided. Depending on how much needs doing maybe a full respray in a bronzes brown or maybe stay original. That's something for the future though.

Also a few interesting ce's here http://www.tumblr.com/search/300ce

Here's a few photos John sent me earlier.

Last edited:
Really pleased its going to a forum member and looking forward to seeing it emerge into something a little different.

Splendid. I know that Trapperjohn really wanted to do lots to this car, slammed, rolled arches, 20 inch wheels, stretched Dub tyres, blue xenons, smoked glass rear lights, ghetto tints, Halfords body kit and zebra skin interior, and I really look forward to seeing you realise his vision for the car.

Last edited:
Charles Morgan said:
Splendid. I know that Trapperjohn really wanted to do lots to this car, slammed, rolled arches, 20 inch wheels, stretched Dub tyres, blue xenons, smoked glass rear lights, ghetto tints, Halfords body kit and zebra skin interior, and I really look forward to seeing you realise his vision for the car.

Ha I'm afraid age appropriate modifications are only going to be done. No xenons or anything like that. I like the body to look original/ clean and the wheels to look mad but from the same era.

BlackC55 said:
Air ride is your answer.

I would imagine a custom set up for this but that could branch into thousands which I don't really fancy :/

Sportline is low enough for me - but you need the steering box as well as the suspension mods. The car looks good already, but metallic rosewood would up the standard considerably IMHO - but whatever, it will be good to see a serious rehab job. I wish you well with it.

What a really great guy gunning is. His car (sniff sniff, trapperjohn wipes away a manly tear) started its trek South today. Pleasure to meet you Sir.

trapperjohn said:
What a really great guy gunning is. His car (sniff sniff, trapperjohn wipes away a manly tear) started its trek South today. Pleasure to meet you Sir.

Thanks John, likewise a pleasure to meet you!

The car is a cracker and I'm chuffed to bits with it!

First port of call, get it back and valet it!

Last edited:
Few hours spent on it this morning, it was covered in mould and looks like someobody had been angle grinding near it as it had some sort of light filings welded to it. So after a prep wash it was giving a hard compound clay bar. Then I just gave it a quick polish as I didn't have to time do much else.

Before and after photos.

Last edited:
will be watching this thread closely, love a stanced 300ce

Does anybody know what the widest rear wheel you can fit on these w124 ce's?

I understand offset and width of the rims etc. just wondering what was the widest without looking weird as I want a decent amount of rubber around the rim, found a wheel I'm keen to try but the rear is 10j with et40?

Nice clean up job from how it came to you. The mold looked to be in every piece of exterior trim. Whats next? Everything working perfectly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom