W124 300CE stance build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
lordlee said:
Nice clean up job from how it came to you. The mold looked to be in every piece of exterior trim. Whats next? Everything working perfectly?

It was everywhere, but it came out fairly easy!

I was in two minds whether to leave it or stance it. I'm trying to work out a way to fit coilovers now. Next step is new windscreen, original stereo and put it through it's MOT.

Probably going to get the whole car resprayed it's original colour just so it's mint.

It was everywhere, but it came out fairly easy!

I was in two minds whether to leave it or stance it. I'm trying to work out a way to fit coilovers now. Next step is new windscreen, original stereo and put it through it's MOT.

Probably going to get the whole car resprayed it's original colour just so it's mint.

Worth wiping down any of the old mould areas or better again all the interior with anti-bacterial wipes or mild disinfectant, otherwise the mould can return.

As for fitting coil overs, I personally wouldn't fit them on the front as the inner wings are only designed to take the shock, not the shock & spring. The same with the rear, in actual fact I don't think there's even enough space for a standard coil over in there.

I'd be using separate spring and damper. You can still have an adjustable coilovers set up. I'd be using the adjustable bottom cup system on the springs... Thats my thoughts at the moment. The interior was mould free which is nice but it'll be getting a proper clean too!

Yesterday I decided to trailer the car back from the yard and get it in my small garage. Now I can actually have piece of mind knowing it's not just rotting away.

Last edited:
You can run 10J's on the rear easily without any mods, just need stretched tires. The natural camber will tuck it in nicely with the right tire size if your going that low, probably 235/40 on a 10J. Front's would be 205/35 on a 8.5J to just tuck under the arch - think credit card size gap.

If your going for the slammed look, you can use BMW E36 coilovers on the front with no mods, just separate the springs and shocks and use them in the traditional MB way. For the rears, use MB sportline shocks and the springs from the rear BMW E36 coilovers. You can't exactly drive fast with a stanced car and ride quality will be ****e, so you'll not want to drive fast anyway - but you'll have the look you want.

Only prob, if you encounter a speed bump...lord help you mate.

10ol1z9.jpg

Niks said:
You can run 10J's on the rear easily without any mods, just need stretched tires. The natural camber will tuck it in nicely with the right tire size if your going that low, probably 235/40 on a 10J. Front's would be 205/35 on a 8.5J to just tuck under the arch - think credit card size gap. If your going for the slammed look, you can use BMW E36 coilovers on the front with no mods, just separate the springs and shocks and use them in the traditional MB way. For the rears, use MB sportline shocks and the springs from the rear BMW E36 coilovers. You can't exactly drive fast with a stanced car and ride quality will be ****e, so you'll not want to drive fast anyway - but you'll have the look you want. Only prob, if you encounter a speed bump...lord help you mate.

Some valuable info there thanks niks, it's going in this week for a transformation. Engine is cutting out so that needs sorting. Mot, suspension work, exhaust system, few headlight mods (retro not horrible)

So within 2 weeks she should be actually on the road and low. Hoping to show it this year at stance shows

Also just bought a set of o.z. Opera 2's 2 piece split rims 18x 8.5 front 18x 9.5 rears Can't wait to get them

Last edited:
Headlight rebuild and few others bits have started. The big work starts next week.

Last edited:
This mad thing is sat next to my car at the moment

Last edited:
What exactly is that? An E34 touring converted to a van with a V8?

John Jones Jr said:
What exactly is that? An E34 touring converted to a van with a V8?

Indeed it is, its in the middle of its build. It's had a 4.0 v8 manual put in and a load of other weird things, runs a really complex exhaust system with an actuator to open up the side exit exhaust.

Nice set of corvette wheels too.

Last edited:
The 5 series van looks a good laugh, 540i manuals are surprisingly quick cars.

Wired up a sidelight to stay on in the indicator, the indicator is still a lot brighter. Also took the headlights apart and painted the backing chrome with special paint.

Just give it's that retro euro look I'm after.

More to come this week

Last edited:
:cool:

Cool but you've too much time on your hands :D

Will keep an eye on this thread! I'm also doing a stanced 300CE, but i've got a first gen AMG kit that will be going on it, full respray black and hopefully some wide 3 piece wheels soon! Out of curiosity, how did you wire up the indicators to do that? tempted to try this on mine

John Jones Jr said:
:cool: Cool but you've too much time on your hands :D

At the moment I have ha! So making the most of it!

DanMorgan said:
Will keep an eye on this thread! I'm also doing a stanced 300CE, but i've got a first gen AMG kit that will be going on it, full respray black and hopefully some wide 3 piece wheels soon! Out of curiosity, how did you wire up the indicators to do that? tempted to try this on mine

Sounds good! I wanted 3 piece but because I'm not going all out on this project I'm keeping the prices sensible :)

Spliced the original side lights and ran another earth and pos to a bulb and small grommet holder (I'll get a photo) it's all very neat and can't see any nasty wires as I'm very fussy

Niks said:
If your going for the slammed look, you can use BMW E36 coilovers on the front with no mods, just separate the springs and shocks and use them in the traditional MB way. For the rears, use MB sportline shocks and the springs from the rear BMW E36 coilovers. You can't exactly drive fast with a stanced car and ride quality will be ****e, so you'll not want to drive fast anyway - but you'll have the look you want. Only prob, if you encounter a speed bump...lord help you mate.

Just a quick one, how would I lower the front if I'm taking the spring and damper apart? Surely then it won't be adjustable? Not too sure I understand that one.

Just a quick one, how would I lower the front if I'm taking the spring and damper apart? Surely then it won't be adjustable? Not too sure I understand that one.

LOL

E36 shocks can be used but not a simple bolt on and it wont be height adjustable unless you build yourself an adjustable spring seat.

something like this, if you are using oem spring diameter

20130205_134014_zps87901df2.jpg
[/URL]

mazza

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom