w124 300e 24v Ignition Leads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrnick969

Car
Mercedes W124 300E 24v
I managed to damage one of the ignition leads (ht leads) on my w124 300e 24v. Would someone be able to advise me on whether the 24 valve m104 engine requires different leads to the 12v engines? Some cheap sets on ebay suggest they fit both types whereas eurocarparts and gsf suggest the m104 engine requires a much more expensive set?

Ideally I would only replace one lead as the others seem to be in great condition but I cant seem to find anywhere to get just one lead. So If anyone could point me in the direction of a place I can buy a single lead that would be good.

Thanks

Nick

I bet an MB dealer would supply one lead

Nick Froome

Good idea, thanks. I will make an enquiry tomorrow. I hope it wont be too expensive from a main dealer.

I managed to damage one of the ignition leads (ht leads) on my w124 300e 24v. Would someone be able to advise me on whether the 24 valve m104 engine requires different leads to the 12v engines? Some cheap sets on ebay suggest they fit both types whereas eurocarparts and gsf suggest the m104 engine requires a much more expensive set?

Ideally I would only replace one lead as the others seem to be in great condition but I cant seem to find anywhere to get just one lead. So If anyone could point me in the direction of a place I can buy a single lead that would be good.

Thanks

Nick

For one lead, MB, definitely.

Also, after many years with this engine, do not be tempted by anything but the best ignition parts. For me, that means MB followed by Beru or Bosch ONLY.

I've regretted cheap replacements.

Great engine, in my opinion.

RayH

Give the full VIN to dealer and inform which cylinder is required.

They will make the lead whilst you wait.

The parts are priced individually ie. the lead, the end electrical connection caps etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom