W124 300td 1990

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigjim

Hi there

A few weeks ago the 'coil' light didn't come on until after the car had started. Then a few days later the car wouldn't start. I guessed the glow plugs. I did the usual glow plug checks and replaced a faulty one (all GP showed under 1ohm of resistence while the faulty one had about 50ohms!.

Unfortunately the car still doesn't start. There does appear to be air bubbles in the outlet from the main filter but I can't seem to get rid of them. I've tried bleeding from the injectors and wondered if there is anything else I should try?

Thanks in advance

Jim

Check the fuel pre filter. Its on the side of the main filter. 10mm bolt holds it in and a new one costs about £2.

Well nothing worked.

Car has now been scrapped :(

bit extreem. did you check the in-tank strainer? did you disconnect the pipework and wack it into a seperate tank of fuel, did you check the delivery valve seals?

hmmmmmm very extreme, I would have paid him scrap value for it!

Checked about everything I could (bearing in mind my skill level :bannana:)

Another factor in the decision was the car's MOT. It runs out in July and had a list as long as your arm as advisories from the last test.

As the car wasn't worth more than about £500 I was going to scrap it anyway. :thumb:

I was going to get another one to run into the ground but I don't think I will - I'll probably end up sticking a towbar to the VW and use that for the tip runs from now on :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom