W124 300TD Engine mounts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mhuk

Car
w124 300td
Hi all,

I own a 1993 W124 300TD. Does anyone have a link to some responsible priced engine mounts. Also are left and rights the same?

Do all W124 have the same mounts (petrol/diesel) mine is a diesel.

I'm guessing to change them out I need to undo the nuts/bolts on monts and the lift engine a bit.

Engine is on 343K so there well past there best and the engine rocks a bit.

Thanks a lot .

Martin

try wunderpartz (franey on here). i need a pair of these too as the new-to-me silver estate vibrates a hell of a lot

i believe on a E300D they are "sided" and different to petrol models due to the weight of the engine, but i could be wrong

Strongly advise you do the rear (gearbox) mount as well. Less hassle than the engine ones are and completes the job.

I'd use MB ones. About £65 each for the 606-engined cars. The two sides are different AFAIK

Nick Froome

I can not PM that person because I have less then 30 posts to my name. Rather then wunderpartz it's simply wonderful! lol

Do the rear g/box that sounds a good plan!

I can supply some OE (Supply MB) ones at £42 each plus £3.00 delivery for a pair so total £87.00
OR
cheaper ones at £35 each inc delivery so £70 / pair all inc.

Regardless, they are all 2 year guarantee.

BUT

I prefer to check the parts by you giving me your VIN for accuracy please.

The same are around £90 each from MB

OE Supplied transmission mount is £20.
Alternatives available cheaper.

Hi Franey, Thanks... Cheaper are ok? or worse? Just thinking I run this car on chip fat and it's not my pride and joy (got a classic for that)

I would need 2. I will get the VIN. (guess thats under the bonnet)

Many thanks

Martin

I will get the VIN. (guess thats under the bonnet)
Martin

Or in the V5 reg doc. Starts WDB124 (131?) XXXXXX

If your present mounts have collapsed it would be wise to also replace the rubber drive joint on the gearbox flange. Collapsed mounts put strain on this part it was not designed to take.

Last edited:
Also need the damper on the front of engine thats knocking away like a goodun

^ There's a fix for that involving a washer somewhere. I think Nick Mercedes might know?

^ There's a fix for that involving a washer somewhere. I think Nick Mercedes might know?

you can get febi-bilstien dampers for around £20... why bother with a fix with a knackered one? you could squash the rubber down with a washer i guess but a replacement part is cheap enough.

you can replace it easily if you loosen off the 5 10mm fan pully bolts so there is play in the pully (when fan tension is slackened) then the bottom bolt comes out *just* enough to slide out the damper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom